Author Topic: Six Nations 2012  (Read 8993 times)

Offline Firo

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 16:54:00 PM »
Great result for Wales...proud to be Welsh!

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 16:56:43 PM »
Cracking game again, Scotland forwards immense, great running rugby !,
da iawn Boys ! - Triple Crown on !! :)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Six Nations 2012
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 21:15:31 PM »
Watched my first ever rubgy game today. OOOOOOOOHHHHHH it's rough isn't it!
Watched it in Murrayfield hotel in the Capital and can't believe how many women follow it. Now I don't kniw what's a good game and what's a bad game, but I might consider getting a ticket for the next game at Murrayfield stadium at end of Feb, on the basis that I did enjoy the game/match/??????? or whatever you call it, today.
:D

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »
You must go to a game at least once in your life Toky, I promise you won't be disappointed !, it may be "gladiatorial" on the field, but the match day atmosphere is quite unique and positively carnival, particularly as you quite rightly noticed a lot more ladies (and families) go to the games nowadays and it isn't as much of a male "bastion", I do question some of the ladies interest in the game, not so much a passion for the game, but maybe for the sight of 30 athletic hunks running around  ;)[^] :), but that's ok.
The fixture between Wales & Scotland has traditionally always been event for the calender, with people saving up for 2 years for the "Scottish Trip", and the same with the Scots visiting Wales, many a friendship forged over the years between the two sets of supporters and a very special time both on (always a good game) and off the field
So I hope you get to a game and you soak up every ounce of a very special atmosphere !!:D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:00:49 AM by valleyboy »

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Six Nations 2012
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 12:26:17 PM »
Some years ago my sister-in-law joined us watching an England game on TV. Jeremy Guscott had a small injury right at the top of his leg. The physio came out and started to massage the area. My sister-in-law got quite agitated; shouting "I could do that, I could do that". Seems in rugby there's always some man doing a woman's job.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:27:21 PM by Colwyn »

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Six Nations 2012
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 18:32:22 PM »
Don't know about the legs on show valleyboy at the game/match, but those gum shields they wear, give me the boak!
But as it's in my "to do" list this year, I will go to Murrayfield and report back when I've been. Alternatively, I could just lean out my daughter's window and listen to the game/match, saving myself the ticket price......or is that being too Scottish of me???????
:D

Offline PKHUGHES100

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 20:55:35 PM »
Triple Crown at Twickers, that will make a proud Welshman so happy his heart will burst!

Cymru an byth.

Kevin

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 15:19:05 PM »
We love the English really [:X], but...................."We're coming to get you !!!"  ;):D

Offline buddy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2012, 23:53:31 PM »
Should be a great game but I think the Welsh backs will have too much muscle for the English. Whatever, I will be down the local with some old mates, a few pints and a good bit of banter. I had a great day out at Twickers five years ago, some banter with Welsh fans around Kingston before the game and again in Twickers High street for many hours aftyerwards, I think.

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations 2012
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012, 06:25:40 AM »
Yes Buddy, all joking aside, Twickenham is never an easy place to play, and however much Wales are fancied and even with England in a re structuring phase, you can still be assured that it will be a "battle royale !", looking forward to it immensely, let's hope it lives up to its billing !  :)
Have a great day out ! - Let battle commence ! ;):D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf