Author Topic: Attempted Bomb Attack in Izmir  (Read 3268 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Attempted Bomb Attack in Izmir
« on: January 05, 2017, 14:15:20 PM »
An explosion has hit the Turkish Aegean coastal city of Izmir and ambulances have been dispatched to the scene, according to Turkish media reports.

At least one vehicle was burning close to a courthouse in the city, according to the photographs shown on national television networks.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/blast-hits-western-turkish-city-izmir-170105133621900.html

Offline yabanci

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Attempted Bomb Attack in Izmir
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 15:19:57 PM »
A Polis officer and a court employee now reported as dead as well as 2 bombers.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 16:19:16 PM »
1 car exploded,1 controlled explosion,2 attackers armed with Kalashnikovs killed,1 Police officer and 1 court worker killed ,between 5 & 10 people injured.
Not only are they killing each other,they are killing any chances on the world stage and any chances of improving tourism

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 17:09:42 PM »
A colleague was in and about the court at the time, ironically representing two Kurdish guys Pro bono. 

Does kinda make me question you folks who are moving to Turkey full time just now - are you naive, or do you just not give a sh1t?

So many folks I know in Istanbul are doing their best to get out...

JF

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 17:50:21 PM »
I suppose if you are planning on holidaying/moving to Cornwall, does whats happening in Scotland affect your decision?  Your own opinion of Turkey is based on your wide travel experiences. I think alot of us move here and travel between Calis and olu deniz and whats in between, and only occasionally move out of the area. Terrorism seems so far away. So unsurprisingly I fall into the naive catergory. However, am I supposed to stay in UK thats on high alert, not visit the rest of Europe? Bottom line is where is safe these days??

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 18:24:30 PM »

I think if the terrorists go all out to finish off Turkeys Tourist trade I think I would be off, but I agree with Bernie. Where is safe now.?

Paris,? Berlin.? Brussels.?The UK has got the best anti terrorist services in the EU but we all know of the attacks in the UK.

I think the biggest thing in Turkey that would change my mind about living there would be how far the wee fella is allowed to take

Islamification.                                 Order some more logs Bernie.        ;)  ;) 

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 20:09:03 PM »
I wasn't talking about the terrorist attacks per se...

Bernie, you're a lot of things but naive isn't one of them  ;)

JF

Offline sadler

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 20:14:24 PM »

I think the biggest thing in Turkey that would change my mind about living there would be how far the wee fella is allowed to take

Islamification.                                 Order some more logs Bernie.          ;)    ;) 

Paris,? Berlin.? Brussels.?The UK has got the best anti terrorist services in the EU but we all know of the attacks in the UK.

Islamification.                                 Order some more logs Bernie.          ;)    ;) 

[/quote]

Offline sadler

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 20:20:00 PM »
Don't know what happened there but I was trying to save the part of the  message that "I would only change my mind about how far the wee fella would be allowed to go",well hasn't he now passed laws that he can go go as far as he likes. Scarey! I for one would not encourage anyone to have investments out there!  :-[ :-[ :-[

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf