Author Topic: Post-Christmas Money Tight? Low Deposit Monarch Flight + Hotel Combo  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
If you book flights you have to pay there and then for them in full which isn't ideal in January. Also the longer you leave it, the higher the flights get. Sunshine.co.uk are offering hotel + flight holidays (if the flight is Monarch) for £49 deposit and the rest 12 weeks before departure date.

Might help someone get a good flight price today rather than a higher one later.

Click for Sunshine.co.uk website

Offline Ray1951

Re: Post-Christmas Money Tight? Low Deposit Monarch Flight + Hotel Combo
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 22:10:11 PM »
Nice to share Scunner.  As you say January can be a difficult month for people and being able to spread the costs means that some people who would otherwise not be able to book now, can do so and effectively spread the cost.  I shall spread the word too.    :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 23:06:35 PM »
You also have to be a bit careful. I looked on the Icelolly.com site at the weekend and found packages about £50 pp cheaper than flight only.
When I rang up for details (because the website don't show them) it turns out that the flight was ex Manchester returning to Gatwick which is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. When I asked why I was told "What Ice-lolly do is look for the cheapest flight out and the cheapest back add the hotel then post it"

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 23:17:49 PM »
Well Paul, Sunshine don't  :)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 10:50:12 AM »
Wish I'd seen this before I booked, its £300 cheaper than what we are paying, and the flights are better times than the ones we booked with Monarch.  Might try for later in the year. :'(

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »
I use Travelrepublic.com, sunshine.co.uk and Onthebeach.com for my research. Each has strenghts and weaknesses.

Then I book via quidco or topcashback. Every penny helps. As scunner says sunshine and travelrepublic don't break up the flights, but onthebeach do.

The latter was useful for our Easter break to Tenerife, where we got a bargain price where we fly out from Birmingham with Monarch, and fly home to East Midlands with Ryanair.  Or is it the other way round?

Can't say I enjoyed Birmingham-Dalaman last year - booked through Monarch, plane supplied by Onur Air. They have a similar policy to Dalaman Airport for pricing refreshments.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf