Author Topic: How many pets are you allowed to import?  (Read 7413 times)

Offline agazina

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 07:41:36 AM »
If you want to see running around try clearing your shipping container of personal belongings (takes 2 days) or try reregistering your english car plates for turkish plates (10 days for a pro or in my case 4 weeks).
Turkish redtape is the most frustrating thing about anf those of you here must know what I mean but the car thing, never again, I would rather pay 500 euros for someone else to do it.

Offline janmack

How many pets are you allowed to import?
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 11:38:49 AM »
Thanks to all who have replied.  Sounds like we're in for a great time at customs...can't wait!  I'm just glad we've decided against taking our car.  The shipping company we are using will be  delivering our personal possessions to the door so, fingers crossed, that should mean no hassle.  I live in hope!!!

Offline Orange

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 11:44:25 AM »
With regards to shipping pets from england i know someone who used a company called ladyhay and found them very helpful

Offline janmack

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 12:45:24 PM »
Thanks orangecars - we are actually using Ladyhayes.  We were a bit surprised that they did not know how many pets you could take with you but other than that they have been very helpful.
Jan
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 12:46:21 PM by janmack »

Offline lorna young

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 15:30:09 PM »
Hi every one, we are coming out for good next May and are bringing our dog. Am doing it through a pet travel company who do everything for you, my only concern is that the dog has to go on 3 differant flights, Edinburgh to London, then Istanbul then Izmir. Has anyone out there brought their dog over and how did they get on? Im just a big softy when it comes to my dog and am a wee bit worried about how she will cope hope someone out their can reassure me. Thanks all. Lorna

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2004, 06:56:43 AM »
Hi Lorna,
I brought my dog out in July and flew Gatwick/Dalaman. I like you was a little concerned, i can assure you that they are well looked after and when i collected him at Dalaman he was fine.  

Offline Babs

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2004, 22:46:30 PM »
Why are you flying to istanbul then another one to Izmir? I think in May you can go direct to |Izmir from manchester and other airports. I have been looking as we have bought in Kusadasi and know there are direct flights to Izmirwho hopefully take pets. ( for furture reference, hopefully ! !
Good luck

Offline lorna young

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2004, 18:00:54 PM »
Hi Babs, I have been told by the company that we are using to transport the dog that this is the route she will have to go by, think I will have to look into this further as it would be better for her not to have to stop in Istanbul. By the way does anyone know how long it takes to go from Hisaronu to Izmir as we will have to go and collect poor Bonnie once she lands.Cheers Lorna

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2004, 15:46:01 PM »
See your other post!

I think you would be better considering going via Bristol to Dalaman.

Hisaronu to Izmir is 4 / 6 hours depending on whether you drive like a Turk or a Brit!

Offline xanadu

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2004, 13:58:23 PM »
If you drive the pets over you are allowed 2 .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf