Author Topic: I've blown his mind ....  (Read 19103 times)

Offline quackers

Re: I've blown his mind ....
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 11:37:47 AM »
I shall be around Marcıa and wıll pop ın. Menthol when revısıtıng the vıllas look around and see ıf there ıs any spare land cos ıt wıll be buılt on at some stage. Ask the Emlak what wıll be buılt on ıt. You would hate ıt ıf the vıew you have wıll be obscured or a huge apartment block ıs buılt next door.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 13:21:55 PM »
Ask the Emlak what wıll be buılt on ıt.

"Nothing here, this is park area" :D

Offline quackers

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 14:42:44 PM »
Ooooo Menthol chose an honest Emlak. Hooray

Offline Firo

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 15:02:09 PM »
An Emlak wouldn't be able to tell you what was being built on vacant land (unless they owned it). They will only be able to say it's a building plot or not!. If you want a villa where you can be guaranteed that nothing will be built to spoil your views buy a mountain top!
In the 6 years since we moved here and built in an empty field with only 2 other building plots nearby we now have another 6 other building plots available on land that was designated not for building 5 years ago.... This is Turkey so expect an empty piece of land to be built upon at some stage and then you won't be disappointed....

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 16:05:47 PM »
A bit of good fortune for us was that one of the building plots adjacent to ours, designated for another villa, was bought by two of our Russian neighbours to share as a garden and their gardens are beautiful.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 20:14:43 PM »
definetely as the other members have said try and go back on your own and look at the properties with no agent and as someone else said if there is empty land near by visualise buildings on there, we have sadly encountered that one building we were told was "protected land" and would never be built on, the other side you would not have thought it would be possible to build on due to not being big enough but when in Turkey!!that was where I would get up and see cows tethered up chewing on the grass now that land has also been built on  :(

Offline Menthol

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 23:44:50 PM »
Oh wow! Thank you so much everyone for the advice. It is true that after the first 10 they start to become a bit jumbled up in your head.

We are doing a re-visit of one villa on Friday with the agent but yes, we need to go again when the agent is not around.

I think I will be coming out again very shortly - there just doesn't seem to be enough time to even sort the basics in 2 weeks! Off to get tax number and open a couple of bank accounts if there's time tomorrow between viewings ......

Artymar, I hope that we can get chance to meet you and Quackers on Tuesday. Keep your eye on messages on here and I will let you know.   :)

And thanks again everyone!

Offline quackers

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 05:20:40 AM »
Enjoy your vıewıngs I found ıt fun and yes they do get jumbled after about 10.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 07:43:41 AM »
If you see something you really like dont then just make an offer - take a couple of days to think on it and work out if it really is the right place and location. If you go silent on the Emlak the chances are you will also have them becoming a little desperate and the price will probably go down or more extras (eg aircon) will be thrown in.  We went through all this in 2004 and like everyone else has said you do get confused and eventually want the process to end.

Offline angela

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 15:18:26 PM »
Very exciting, very jealous, I want to know more details, you are being very slow here. I want MORE!!!  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf