Author Topic: Perhaps you will now have trouble seeing at Dalaman.  (Read 4020 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Re: Perhaps you will now have trouble seeing at Dalaman.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 20:22:36 PM »
I totally refuse to put my wallet in the tray, it's too easy for it to be lifted by someone on the other side especially if you have to be frisked. My wallet goes in my zipped up hand luggage.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 21:06:21 PM »
Exactly Chris35, what's the difference between a purse and a wallet? My purse stays in my bag and M's wallet always did too. We'd never have left it in the tray for the same reasons as you.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 22:00:58 PM »
I put everything - money, phones, keys, wallet etc etc in my coat/jacket pockets and then take that off and put it in a tray.

Offline Mr Toky

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 00:09:38 AM »
Did find additional security coming back through Dalaman  airport this time . Initial all bags scan, all items to be put in trays which are clearly sign posted (wallets, keys ,phones ,watches etc.) followed by secondary bags and items scanning and final random checks at boarding gates. Person in front of me was told he could remove paper money and cards from wallet and carry through in his pocket.  I fully agree with all of this due to current issues going on. Better safe than sorry, before all the press start  questioning why these type of searches weren't carried out. Unfortunately it's the climate we are living in at present

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 01:22:56 AM »
There's big notices in the departure areas stating that extra security measures were in operation for UK visitors. I thought this was odd by singling out only UK travellers. Also at airport entrances guards are searching under cars/vans etc, with large mirrors on a long handles.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf