Author Topic: Burglary while asleep  (Read 4714 times)

Offline shuttle

Burglary while asleep
« on: July 27, 2011, 06:44:05 AM »
Was recently burgled at my villa in Ovacik and my neighbour was a victim last week. Both burglaries happened in the night while all asleep. Very scary when you wake up with someone in your bedroom.
The main point which is an obvious one is do not leave a window open or balcony door at night.
Are there any other recents reports of similar crimes.

Offline Dempava

Burglary while asleep
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:37:42 AM »
Again in Ovacik our neighbour had an attempted break in this week. They even got the bars off!!! We think they were disturbed thankfully and they didnt get in.

Offline ovacikbaba

Burglary while asleep
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 18:05:59 PM »
sorry to hear of your burglary and any losses you may have incured.i can imagine it to be quite scary whilst sleeping to wake up to an intruder in your villa,,where in ovacik are these burglaries taking place and is it just villas,we have an apartment near to green anatolia.

o/b

Offline Bunny

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 07:06:27 AM »
We live in Hisaronu and were burgled whilst we were sleeping 8years ago and were cleaned out. We have since had burglers in twice but fortunately they were disturbed so got nothing. It is scary to think that someone was going through all your drawers and cupboards right next to you while your sleeping and I am quite paranoid now about every little sound I hear during the night.

Offline shuttle

Burglary while asleep
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 18:12:15 PM »
The villa's burgled were near the football stadium and near Oaklands but can happen anywhere. So be careful one and all.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Burglary while asleep
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:49:19 AM »
thank you....i am on oaklands alone with my chldren at the moment...I will be much more aware at evening times of leaving windows open. very sorry to hear of your traumatic experience. so glad to hear that you came out of it unscathed.

Offline Libra

Burglary while asleep
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
Any official complaint to Jandarma ? Might be an effort but helpfull for their awareness of such incidents. Otherwise how should they know ? ( unless they are reading this forum ).

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Burglary while asleep
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 09:17:34 AM »
This seems to be a big problem and one that is growing in Ovacik? In recent years they had serious problems up in Uzumulu, the residents up there formed a 'watch' comittee and although it has not completely eliminated the problem, it seems to have helped if only by making the community a lot more aware. Maybe worth a couple of Ovacik residents meeting up with someone from the Uzumulu group and seeing what they are doing to help reduce this horrible crime.

Offline corbindallas

Burglary while asleep
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »
You can find more info on what we did in Uzumlu re the burglaries from our group website www.uzumlucommunitywatch.com . Without tempting fate, we have drastically reduced burglaries since the group started in January 2010 and all thanks to better communication and awareness and getting businesses,the community and Jandarma buy in to the scheme.

Offline PKHUGHES100

Burglary while asleep
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 19:01:20 PM »
Anyone wants to buy my apartment in Ovacik or am I over reacting!

The issue of such things has been a thread many a time on the Forum and a key point made is one of comparison with the UK, I live in a small market Town in Wales and guess what; the press hardly report on burglaries anymore, they are so common place. I suppose it is a bit about keeping perspective and fingers crossed that this type of attitude does not take root in Ovacik. Keep reporting it and keep it on the Jandarma's radar. Also great suggestion from corbindallas but us part time resiedents, perhaps we are not much help in that regard.[?]

Kevin
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 19:03:42 PM by PKHUGHES100 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf