Author Topic: Noise , noise , noise ....  (Read 9018 times)

Offline jsp51

Re: Noise , noise , noise ....
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 16:00:04 PM »
What I find very unfair is the fact that we residents are treated like second-class citizens.

We buy a house in Ovacık that is being introduced as a quiet place. We spend tens or hundreds of thousands of Pounds or pay rentals. We pay taxes , electric bill , water bill. We pay for food and drink , for clothing , for transportation , repairs and other expenses... by this we support Fethiye 's economy for 6 or even 12 months a year spending a lot of money.

Then comes a tourist , pays a few hundred pounds and is being hosted and entertained without considering the privacy and comfort of the residents who support Fethiye's economy all year round.

This I really find unfair....and in the end I don't know where the money collected from tourism goes to ; it definitely is not being used in favour of the residents who suffer from tourism.
How are you being treated like second class citizens?
Sorry if I'm missing something here but surely the money from tourism goes into the hotelier's pocket and rightfully so they are running a business.
It has been painfully clear for the last 10 years or so that Ovacik was never going to remain a quite place.
You mention that you pay taxes, water bills, electric bills transportation etc, well welcome to the club, we all pay those and it does not make you anybody special. Do you think the hoteliers don't pay them.
You mention the "tourist" who comes along and pays a few hundred quid and gets entertained and hosted, well isn't that what they paid for?
Also these tourists probably spend as much in meals and drinks in a couple of weeks as a lot of people who live there spend in 6 months. So they too are contributing to Fethiye's economy.
The few hundred quid you refer to has probably been worked very hard for and in some cases carefully harvested over the past year so the family can have a holiday so, yes, they are going to enjoy themselves.
You cannot and will not stop progress, just because it is not what you want doesn't make it not right.
What right do you think you have to stop people having a good time just because you buy or long term rent out there again it does not make you exempt from the goings on of a Turkish holiday resort life.
The only way you will escape this sort of thing is do what we did nearly 10 years ago, when we had the foresight to see how things were going and move away or the other option is to get used to it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 16:50:13 PM by jsp51 »

Offline Libra

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 08:36:28 AM »
Dear jsp51 ,

I guess everybody understood what I meant , except for you. I assume , you misinterpreted the term "residents" as locals. I , too am not from Fethiye and came here about seven years ago. Considering that about 80% of the properties in this region are owned by British residents , can you say that these people did not buy their properties with hard earned money and that only tourists spend here their hard earned money ?

Offline jsp51

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 14:45:09 PM »
Dear jsp51 ,

I guess everybody understood what I meant , except for you. I assume , you misinterpreted the term "residents" as locals. I , too am not from Fethiye and came here about seven years ago. Considering that about 80% of the properties in this region are owned by British residents , can you say that these people did not buy their properties with hard earned money and that only tourists spend here their hard earned money ?
No I can't say that nor did I ever infer that. People with property there or indeed anywhere in the world probably paid for it from hard earned cash, but that does not make them special or exempt from what businesses operate in their vicinity.
What I did say was just because you pay taxes and bills in Fethiye does not make you any different to the tourist who comes once or twice a year. They too pay taxes on there holiday food drink etc. So why do you think they are treating you like a second class citizen just because they choose to enjoy themselves and if that includes karaoke (which I like probably 80% of the population cannot abide) then surely that is their prerogative.
If you bought there 7 years ago then surely you must have given a thought as to how the place was going?

Offline Libra

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 16:05:16 PM »
I did not blame the tourist when mentioning that residents are treated like second-class citizens. I am blaming the business owners and officials ; the first do not operate according to laws and the second close their ears and eyes.

According to present laws , no music is allowed after midnight in open areas and closed areas must be isolated so that music is not heard from outside.

The tourists here are the least responsible ones as they can only get what is given to them.   

Offline jsp51

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 17:02:00 PM »
I do understand your annoyance, but what I was trying to say you probably are not going to stop it.
I know it's illegal to play loud music after midnight, its also illegal to use a mobile phone while driving, illegal not to wear a crash helmet on a bike/scooter. It is also illegal to speed and to pass through red lights but no one seems to enforce these laws so its as I said unfortunately its something you will probably have to learn to live with.

I wish you well.

Offline davidzz

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 21:15:21 PM »
Ovacik is a tourist resort.

Offline Libra

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 07:34:57 AM »

This does not mean there are no rules and restrictions.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 11:07:25 AM »

Ovacik is also a residential resort

Should everyone just sell up and move away from noise to pacify a few inconsiderate gits.?

Offline davybill

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 12:00:39 PM »

Seems though it does the way its going

This does not mean there are no rules and restrictions.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf