Author Topic: Gift/ Fancy goods shop in Ovacik  (Read 5077 times)

Offline suehugh

Gift/ Fancy goods shop in Ovacik
« on: July 20, 2015, 07:41:22 AM »
Hi
Could anybody advise the location of such a shop in Ovacik. It has been mentioned on CBF previously, but can't find the thread

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Gift/ Fancy goods shop in Ovacik
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »
It'll be on the main drag within a few hundred yards of the roundabout which forms the border between Ovacik and Hiroshima.

Offline suehugh

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 15:57:57 PM »
Thanks KKOB
We wandered up there this morning, but did not get as far as the roundabout. Too hot and noisy.
Decided on a quick return to Uzumlu for the peace and quiet.
Apart from the donkey to the left of us, they chickens to the right of us, the cow behind us.

Will pop up another day

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 19:15:12 PM »
Where is Jacqui when we need her! She'll know for sure   ;) as far as I can describe, it's on the left on the way down well past Monday market , 'we think' it's below the Shine restaurant and is called Andolu  ???

Offline Menthol

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 19:36:50 PM »
It is indeed called 'Anadolu El Sanatları' and is on the main Hisaronu Road opposite the English Restaurant. (Not under Shine though, Lotty :D - under Shine is now 'Cem Unique' another great shop but definitely worth haggling down their prices.)

Anadolu is a lovely shop and the family that own it take great care in packing your items for safe transport on the plane. Very reasonably priced too. I always recommend it. I'm popping in myself tomorrow to buy a couple of gifts - it's the first place I go to.

There's also a lovely soap and towel shop next door - they sell a powder mud pack in a jar that you mix with water - good stuff!

Happy shopping!

Offline suehugh

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 20:16:22 PM »
Thanks to all

Offline Lotty

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 21:23:57 PM »
Yes Menthol, you are right, I knew it was opposite the place where a lot of English have breakfast. I'm hopeless with names but M said its under Shine, however I see his reasoning as we visited both on the same day. We also bought fabulous dressing gowns and a beach top for my daughter in the shop next door that you mentioned. Fabulous shops both of them! ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf