Author Topic: Roofs  (Read 6253 times)

Offline peecee

Roofs
« on: May 23, 2009, 12:41:33 PM »
Hi, can anyone recommend a good roofer?  Small job, the roof above my main balcony leaks like a sieve and is ruining the furniture/marble?  Many thanks

Offline sooty

Roofs
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 16:51:51 PM »
Peecee I have sent you an e:mail

Offline posleeds

Roofs
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 14:29:30 PM »
I'm looking for a reliable roofer.....please can you post details if the one suggested here was any good - thanks

Offline The Crinklies

Roofs
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 14:47:13 PM »
In October 2009 we called in Fethiye Property Services because we had a problem with our roof.
Engin came to see us and took photos whilst up on the roof, to show us what it was like. He gave us a quote which was detailed & itemised and also said that if all of the materials specified were not used, then the price would be less.
His roofers were hard workers, did a really excellent job and came back to check everything after the first lot of rain following the job.
When the time came to make the payment to Engin, we paid less than quoted because not all of the materials were needed.
We have more work booked in with FPS and would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Tony

Offline posleeds

Roofs
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 16:27:39 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation....We have had Engin out to look at the roof - he took photo's & we had every faith in him to do a good job following recommendations from CBF members, plus he offered a two year guarentee.
I have e-mailed him for the quote, but to no avail.  He initially told us he doesn't do any work for Turkish people (we are an English/Turkish couple) - so I guess our money isn't good enough for him :(

Or by Turkish standards his prices are extortionate??? : :)

Offline micky mouse

Roofs
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 19:02:28 PM »
I agree with you last year he gave me and my friend next door a quote for two new roofs very professional every thing itemised,but christ when i got the estimate i had to sit down and have a large brandy.Im a retired builder and his estimate was way,way,over the top.Hence i got the job done for nearly half the price and only paid up when i got up on the roof and inspected the workmanship and was satisfied.He informed us that he does not do work for turkish people.Just as well when you consider what he charges,always get other quotes and go with your instinks.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Roofs
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 19:51:53 PM »
Half price! Satisfied after your inspection! And you a retired builder! Very good.

So

Who did the job for you??!!
:D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Roofs
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 20:21:17 PM »
We used Engin to repair our roof, he gave us an estimate first and we thought it was very reasonable.  He took photographs of the roof before and after and when the work was completed we were totally satisfied.  In fact, he came back to check the work during a very heavy period of rain and it was perfect.  We thought his work was first class, and not expensive.  We would not hesitate to recommend him.  In fact our neighbour had the same work done and were also very happy.

Offline tonysue

Roofs
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 20:34:03 PM »
Celal replaced our roof nearly 2 years ago and has replaced 3 more on our complex and many others around Calis on our recommendation. Our neighbour got 8 quotes from various builders and celal was cheapest by far, one quote was 4 times his price. I have his number if you PM me.

Offline posleeds

Roofs
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 21:00:49 PM »
Thanks Susan - I have e-mailed you.

Is a finding a roofer in Turkey "Top Secret" - no one seems to want to post recommendations :).

We would have loved to have used Fethiye Property Services....regardless of cost....to repair to sieve we are living in...but if he won't deal with Turkish people, I'm in a catch 22 situation!
The cynic in me thinks exploitation of the Brits...that's why he drives a flashy pickup vehicle.....not many Turkish tradesmen have those : :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf