Author Topic: SGK Meeting with the British Consulate  (Read 14678 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: SGK Meeting with the British Consulate
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2014, 20:44:55 PM »
That is great news and should allow people now to get on with their retirement without this unnecessary worry.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2014, 21:01:27 PM »
The "key" phrase is:

The proposed amendment would allow all British nationals in receipt of a UK state pension to continue to be eligible for healthcare under SGK. However, a person in receipt of such a pension could not be a dependant on their spouse’s membership but must hold individual membership. This is the same rule which applies to Turkish Nationals.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2014, 03:59:46 AM »
Looks like, subject to the secondary legislation, that we will have equal treatment with the Turks on this point.  Mind you it still does not answer why they will not allow Mrs Tickets and myself access to SGK (non retired) without us BOTH having to have a medical - see earlier post - when all Turks (and indeed many Brits) can do it with only one having the medical and the other spouse joining on the policy.

Looks like we will have to go back to SGK and argue it again, any tips from anyone the best person at the SGK to speak/escalate to would be?  Or indeed any top tips for getting things sorted out with them at all, our last experience is not to be repeated!

Offline quackers

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2014, 05:32:41 AM »
I feel ıt should be the same for all ex pats each pay theır own SGK.The Turkısh only go on theır partners SGK ıf they do not work. We cant work and on aquırıng our resıdency we state we can afford to live here and support ourselves. Oh dear have I opened another can of worms.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2014, 08:46:30 AM »
I have to say Quackers, your response makes no sense to me. My wife obviously doesn't work, she's too young to receive both her state or occupational pension and so she's a dependant, like many Turkish women who do not go out to work. So the argument that she should pay doesn't stack up in our case.

Offline janmack

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »
Does anyone know if we still have to go to the office with a translator to confirm we are not receiving pensions from the UK?

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2014, 14:36:22 PM »
The "key" phrase is:

The proposed amendment would allow all British nationals in receipt of a UK state pension to continue to be eligible for healthcare under SGK. However, a person in receipt of such a pension could not be a dependant on their spouse’s membership but must hold individual membership. This is the same rule which applies to Turkish Nationals.

I think the key WORDS are "proposed amendment" and "would allow". Nothing has been confirmed as yet.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2014, 18:54:26 PM »
So if I read that correctly, when I reach state pensionable age my wife can continue to be my
'dependant' in SGK terms until her state pension comes in 5 years later ????

Offline quackers

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2014, 06:44:39 AM »
The system is dıscrımınatıng agaınst expat pensıoners. Those not ın receıpt of a pensıon  must have a joint ıncome of some sort  ( bank ınterest on savıngs etc) so I feel that this ıncome should be recognised the same as pensıon income and  all should pay ındıvıdual SGK payments not just pensıoners. Ex Pats do not come under the way the system ıs applıed to Turkısh people, whıch ıs ıf only one person works the other members of the famıly join under that SGK ınsurance payment. When both work both pay. If neıther work they get Socıal Securıty to help pay for ıt. We cant work so  thıs part of the system does not apply to ex pats. To make ıt faır for all ex pats all should pay ındıvıdual SGK or revert back to one pays and partner goes on same SGK ınsurance. At the momnt they are classıng the UK pensıon as a work ıncome whıch it ıs not. When a Turkısh person retıres and recives theır pensıon what happens about theır SGK ınsurance.I would be interested to know.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2014, 16:10:39 PM »
So are you saying that none of the Turkish SGK members have any savings on which they receive interest?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf