Author Topic: A word of warning to owners/renters....  (Read 27409 times)

Offline Jan-Jeff

A word of warning to owners/renters....
« on: February 06, 2013, 18:10:48 PM »
Not sure if this is the right subject, sorry Keith if its not! Listen up people, a big word of warning here...
Having been told by this particular emlak/estate agent, that "nobody reads the Calis Forum anyway", he will not have anything to worry about when I post a warning about him here :-) An English agent who works for Let's Sell Properties, has been "helping" us with finding a tenant to rent our villa, until such time as it is sold.
He did find us a tenant, a very nice lady, who has been unwittingly propelled into the mire left behind by the recently-departed tenants, whom we found privately. The English agent agreed with us, (in fact, he offered) on receipt of his fee, one month's equivalent rent, that he would check the villa and ensure that all bills left owed by the leaving tenants were paid, before he released any monies held by us to the leaving tenant. This he failed to do, giving the final amount, £600 to the leaving tenant, without waiting until all bills were paid. Resulting in a large Digiturk bill for over 200 TL arriving, as the former tenant had not paid a lira of it since October '12 until they left on 20th January this year! The Digiturk was left running in our name (mistake..) to convenience the tenant, as he said he wanted it left on, and would pay the monthly bill for Digiturk. This was also in the Tenancy Agreement which he signed. However, now the ex-tenant refuses to pay the final bill. It looks like it will be down to us as the owners, to settle it, awkward, as we are in the UK for some months yet.

We feel that the agent failed in his agreement/duty, to us, his clients, by not checking the bills were settled before refunding all monies back to the old tenants. He does not accept responsilbility...so my warning is not to get involved with him..a pleasant enough chap, but totally without conscience over this. He even suggested we ignore the bill, as he said "many other people do when they move back to the UK..."well, we are not all as lacking in scruples as this chap as I told him. And what happens to us when and if we decide to come back to Turkey, and want Digiturk re-instated? He still fails to take responsibility for his lack of action, and says that "whatever he does will not be enough"...!
Wrong, B, it would have been just fine had you done your job professionally! Makes us feel that all he was really interested in was getting his hands on the deposit from us and the new tenant, who he found to take the place - good riddance - of the departing tenants. My advice is to not trust this agent to look after your interests as he promises. We've had to email and email about this, and for him to do anything at all about it, such as try to get the ex-tenants to pay up, but they refuse.
He did not do, for us! Be warned! A link to the Turkish Living Forum, where the same topic is posted, with other comments, is at the end of this post.

Oh, by the way, B has been sending me snippets of a conversation between him and Scunner, on the Buy Sell or Rent Facebook site here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/219783928116987/ regarding this topic, where he uses a different surname to that he used with us! Since I pointed out to B that he was using another surname than the one he used with us, I have not heard back from him - strange! :-). Here is the link to this topic on the TLF Forum:- http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/estate-agents-necessary-evil/65678-let-s-not-sell-properties-calis-2.html
Happy reading! And be warned, be very warned..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 19:06:46 PM by Jan-Jeff »

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A word of warning to owners/renters....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 18:21:35 PM »
You might want to add some paragraphs to make this easier to read

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 18:41:42 PM »
Ah, the old lowlife of Calis Colmoor -  Brian James Chambers banned from CBF long since. He is a long term conman (I should say at this point if there is anything he disputes in this post he should sue me) - where were we...conman, thief, scrounger, liar, and working entirely illegally in Turkey - often claiming to be a partner in, or working for, companies in real estate/rentals which he is not. One actually didn't even know who he was.

I am told he specifically targets British ladies who are looking for somewhere to live - some contacted me when I spoke up about his antics on Facebook yesterday and have been threatened, bullied, shouted at and verbally abused. Sadly the ladies concerned will not go public but told me their tale, and it is literally inhumane the way he treats a human being. It may be because he is on the fringes of the species himself.

To forewarn anyone looking to rent - Brian Chambers AKA  Brian James AKA Barry James AKA Brian Errington AKA who knows - working in the Calis Beach - Fethiye - Ovacik areas - intimidates, steals and threatens people. Not men though.

This is from another forum - please make a mental note of this man (sorry if you are eating). Warn your friends to find someone else.

To reiterate, if he disputes any word of the above, let's go to court.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 18:45:55 PM »
Further mugshots

He told Jeff & Jan to post about him on CBF as "nobody reads the Calis forum anyway".

I think they do  :)

Offline Jan-Jeff

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 19:01:17 PM »
You might want to add some paragraphs to make this easier to read
Ok here it is divided up into sections, I hope its easier to digest!
Cheers

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 19:21:07 PM »
Also well known in the Methodist circles of Calis/Fethiye

Offline ceni

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 00:46:15 AM »
How has this slimeball managed to stay for so long without having his collar felt by the jandarma?

We first heard of him years ago, maybe 2008 ish and it wasn't for his good reputation then, in fact I think he had scammed someone in Fethiye out of a good few thousand.

Offline Hotmama

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 07:04:27 AM »
Thanks for sharing this. I am aware of him though the Facebook property page but I had no idea he was so dubious. I am trying to help a friend look for a place & I will make sure she goes nowhere near.

Tamzin
XXXXX

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »
It amazes me that he hasnt been banned on the property pages.  He was VERY abusive to a good friend of mine a Turkish teacher here...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 09:55:18 AM »
What he does is advertise any properties he can find (not given to him to advertise) then when someone blows the whistle on him he becomes abusive so the FB group admin deletes the topic, and with it the warning - allowing him to carry on his scams. He's been at it for years, I remember from over 5 years ago at least.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf