Author Topic: Swimming Pools on Sitesi - Laws on Health & Safety?  (Read 3974 times)

Offline DavidNicholson

Swimming Pools on Sitesi - Laws on Health & Safety?
« on: May 26, 2017, 17:18:08 PM »
Hi,

I am hoping someone might be able to help with this.

Our site has a communal pool with a small adjoining "children's" pool.

In 2013 there was an inspection where it was "recommended" that a barrier (railings) should be erected between the two for H&S reasons. 

Subsequently we are being told:
(a) that this is now law,
(b) that without a barrier the communal site insurance public liability will be nul and void,
(c) that if there was an inspection recommending a barrier that we will be fined if there is a re-inspection that finds that the recommendation was not implemented.

Problem is, the owners are split between those that are happy to pay for a barrier, and those that refuse unless the requirement in law can be proven to their satisfaction.

Does anyone know the factual answer to this, and ideally able to point me to the relevant law that will satisfy any doubters (Always assuming that it actually is a legal requirement).

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Swimming Pools on Sitesi - Laws on Health & Safety?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 20:24:15 PM »

Tell the selfish, tight sods that don't wish to pay that if there is an accident, or worse a fatality, the blame, and the resulting costs 

will be shared among  ALL owners.        How much is a child's life worth. ??            >:(

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 21:09:07 PM by kevin3 »

Offline busybee

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 06:10:59 AM »
I know that the small complex near me had a childrens pool.  My friend used to chair the meetings, translate and notarise various information.  She told me about this law and they decided to have the pool filled in (as rarely any children stayed).  This was a couple of years ago.  Cant believe the cost of a barrier shared between the complex and a child's life is even being contemplated.......

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »
I'm sure that if you enquire at the Zabita Polis offices, they'll have the information you need.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 07:36:34 AM »
Having had bits of similar work done I can tell you that a barrier will cost next to sod all!!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 12:03:35 PM »
Our site has a communal pool with a small adjoining "children's" pool.

In 2013 there was an inspection where it was "recommended" that a barrier (railings) should be erected between the two for H&S reasons. 

And so there should be a barrier of some description between the childrens pool and the main pool, not purely on "H&S" grounds, but for the simple reason it may save a childs life.

It might be worth reminding the tight arses of that fact. 

Not only might it save a child life, it would protect the owners (of the pool) from any potential legal action if there was an incident involving a child gaining easy access to the main pool.

So far this year I've noticed at least two articles in the press where children have drowned in resort pools, you should maybe suggest to the tight arses that maybe that is two too many...

JF

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 15:11:32 PM »
If it was put to a vote at either an agm or egm and the majority agreed then all would legally have to pay. It could be paid as a one-off or put through the maintenance budget.

Offline busybee

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 06:12:57 AM »
One question to a solicitor would give you an answer......if you get no joy from the authorities

Offline madmart

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 12:07:53 PM »
Surely it will cost far more to fill the pool in.

Do the residents not realise this or are they just dim?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf