Author Topic: Bats  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Bats
« on: June 20, 2018, 11:02:54 AM »
The roof space, of a block, on our site, has become home to a number of bats. The resident that is probably most affected called the belediye, but they said that they could do nothing.

I've seen a December 2016 article in the Hurriyet that someone locally was fined for harming & trying to sell bats, that went on to say that it was illegal to capture or kill bats.

Short of calling in Batman, is there anything we can do that will persuade these bats to abandon their home?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Bats
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 11:32:24 AM »
Find out where they are nesting and put a light in and leave it on.  Wire up a ghetto blaster and play Barry Manilow on repeat.

Seriously! Bats like dark and quiet, change the environment and they'll move on.

Then find out how they've got in and block it with bat and vermin proof mesh (to keep the ventilation).  It's an offence in a lot of countries to harm bats, depending on which type they are.

JF

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 12:03:50 PM »
Thanks for that suggestion, I think we may pass on the Barry Manilow   :), but we can see if it's possible to rig a light up there, even it's on a temporary basis.

Offline philrose

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 13:43:10 PM »
Apparently moth balls work quite well....

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 17:46:52 PM »
That's why the bats are reproducing.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf