Author Topic: Cruise to Demre/Olympos,help transport info needed  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Cruise to Demre/Olympos,help transport info needed
« on: May 29, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »
Friends booked a cruise from Fethiye to Marmaris, leaving today.  Once on boat and sailing away, they were told it is not going to Marmaris at all and is heading towards Kas and Olympos!!!!  They are unfazed but I am worried how they will get back to Fethiye.  They have been told there is a bus.  They arrive in the Olympos area at between 4 and 6.  Does anyone know  how they will be able to get back to Fethiye and how long it might take.  Have looked at a map and it seems they will be near the coastal route from Antalya, so it could be a long journey.  We are trying to find out their options as it may be necessary for us to go and pick them up.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 11:49:42 AM »
The Sahilden route bus from Antalya calls at Olympos on its way to Fethiye. It's a route operated by Bati Antalya Seyahat & according to a timetable I picked up around 3 months ago, the last one leaves Antalya at 16:45. Sorry I can't help with journey time from Antalya to Olympos.

Bati Antalya's no is 0252 612 96 61 or GSM 0541 402 44 40, so maybe you could give them a call & confirm

Offline Firo

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 16:19:23 PM »
When we did it it was over 4 hours (can't guarantee that is exact as it was over 7 years ago) as it winds along the coast road back to Fethiye.
Are they staying in Olympus? What usually happens is the boat ends it's journey at Demre (not as far as Olympus) and then a mini bus takes passengers to Olympus to stay in Tree houses. If they are just returning straight away then I would tell them to arrange to be dropped off at Demre Otogar to catch a bus, rather than go on to Olympus and wait by the road.
If they have the time tell them to stay at Olympus as it's a fabulous experience and very cheap.  We loved it...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf