Author Topic: Jeep Safari ? which one ?  (Read 3653 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Jeep Safari ? which one ?
« on: June 11, 2012, 14:26:47 PM »
I remember a thread a couple of years ago talking about Jeep Safaris, following a tragic accident in which a father and his daughter (aged 8 ) died. 

We have done a Safari in the past, and I have to say, it was a fab day out - we absolutely loved it, but from the health and safety view point, probably wouldnt do it again or recommend it to our guests.  However.......and you know whats coming here........!!!!  I am being put under pressure !!!  My daughter and her boyfriend -both 18, so old enough to make up their own minds (and I have to respect that   ;) :D) have decided that they WILL BE DOING a jeep safari.   SO, as a responsible Mummy, I would like to do my research to ensure that they go with the most reputable and safest there is.     Any comments peeps ?   which one if any, is the best  :-\

Offline Janice1971

Re: Jeep Safari ? which one ?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 14:36:08 PM »
DONT LET THEM DO ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
Jeep Safari ? which one ?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 14:56:11 PM »
They can be fun, I've been on one in the past.
But would not go again due to the lack of H & S care, or am I just a old git now?
Don't know what there insurance would be like if you needed to use it?

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 14:59:53 PM »
My friends 17 year old son was killed in Spain during a jeep safari so the idea terrifies me. Please please try and persuade them to do something else instead.
Sorry, not what you wanted to hear and I know everything has a risk ( living on an earthquake fault line for example! ) but they get carried away being silly with water pistols etc

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 15:22:35 PM »
I know   :(  I have been trying to persuade them not to do, we have even said we will hire a Jeep and do it ourselves for the day.  But you know these teenagers, they think they are indestructable .     I think I'll make them read this thread ......perhaps you guys can convince them for me, no one takes a blind bit of notice of anything I say but perhaps you guys may get through to them !!

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 19:03:32 PM »
Don't know what there insurance would be like if you needed to use it?
What good is insurance if your brains are lying next to your skull as happened to a friend of mine.
His 5 year old son would have liked him to be indestructable but unfortunately he wasn't...

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 19:44:33 PM »
OK with fear of being the bad guy - I will answer your question.

IMO there are only 2 companies who have vehicles that I would feel safe in, They are Karacay Turizm and Focus - both use the big DeSoto/Chrysler american style jeeps fitted with forward facing high backed seats and a properly designed for the vehicle roll over bars.

Offline cheers

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 21:32:23 PM »
Please don't use Focus - remember Misha & Tom!   >:( >:( >:(

Offline Eric

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 21:44:13 PM »
NONE!!!!!!

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 22:46:07 PM »
Get a Jeep & do it yourself. OK you don't get the guided talks when you get to the areas giving you the history etc. but you also don't need to go to the carpet factory or stop for an hour in a garage with a scabby pool for an hour while the Jeeps are washed and the Jeep company try to sell you a DVD.
We find that we spend more time at the likes of Saklikent rather than the 45 mins that the tour companies give you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf