Author Topic: Jeep Safari ? which one ?  (Read 3652 times)

Offline CAROL BROWNE

Re: Jeep Safari ? which one ?
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 22:50:36 PM »
we used karakay we felt they were the safest. went with them 3 times

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 23:00:51 PM »
Relevant UK travel insurance cover directly relating to Jeep Safaris is GENERALLY that you are covered, assuming you are a passenger and not working. However, you should check. Also, the "devil is in the small print" none more so than with insurance and note the following from Santander Travel Insurance:

"No sports or activities are covered if you are competing in or practising for speed or time trials, sprints or racing of any kind.

You must wear the recommended/recognised Safety Equipment for each listed activity.

You must follow any safety procedures, rules and regulations that the company providing your activity operates or which are recommended by any governing body or authority for that activity."

Those three specific stipulations will, in my opinion, nullify any cover you may have. In five years I saw countless incidents of Jeeps full of tourists racing each other, driving like idiots (like overtaking private cars, pulling in and slamming the brakes on) and very rarely did I see a Jeep with all the tourists sitting down, let alone wearing a seatbelt. If you are injured or worse and you weren't wearing a seatbelt, you may well find yourself on your own. Just a personal view but I doubt I'm far wrong.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 09:11:44 AM »
Thanks all for your input.   Sadly, I'm well aware of the danger etc and hope and pray that after reading everyone's responses they will change their minds.   

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 09:19:39 AM »
I would say that knowing full well that you can't impose your sensible outlook on everyone, that if they insist on going my understanding is the same as other members in this topic - Karacay are apparently the best option and the one who at least consider safety.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 08:25:33 AM »
Its the same with scooter hire. It makes me cringe when I see holiday makers driving around with flip flops on. no T.shirts and no helmets. I wouldnt like to say if these bikes are well maintained or not. People seem to think they are indestructable when they are on their hols. In answer to the question. Karacay jeeps would be the only company I would consider going on if you cant persuade them otherwise and as Keith says they will not be covered by your insurance company. If there is an accident be prepared to pay a fortune out in hospital bills and re patriation to the UK.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »
Thanks Anne  -  I think that answer alone will convince them !  Mummy doesn't have an endless supply of money (which may come as a surprise to them !!) and I shall tell them that I shall NOT be meeting any hospital costs if they go against my wishes.   Good angle.  Thanks   ;) ;D 

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 20:22:14 PM »
Look for an old post of mine from 2 years ago. We were directly behind the jeep that crashed. I believe there is one now that has seat belts and all forward facing seats.
Last year the police were stopping people from water fights during the "driving element" of the safari and issuing fines

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member

Offline Pompeylil

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 20:38:08 PM »
Hi  we always use Cadianda in Calis (Telat) for our Jeep Safaris.  However, we book our own jeep and our own driver.  They collect us from our designated meeting point and we always have a good day.  We are made to wear our seatbelts and the drivers are always more than happy to help enjoy our day out with them.

On our first trip to Turkey we booked ourselves on a safari and although we had a good time, we felt that we would prefer to do our own agenda in future.

Racing around the roads having water fights whilst someone is trying to drive is not our idea of fun...
Please try and persuade them to take a jeep out as a group - they will have just as much fun if not more.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf