Author Topic: Road Maps  (Read 2711 times)

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Re: Road Maps
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 09:58:21 AM »
Liz101 & ovaick2 Thanks for the update I have been in the Tourist Office a couple of times in the past but they didn't have much in the way of a regional map but maybe I was unlucky on these visits and the stand wasn't stocked. Will give it another go next month. 

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 17:21:54 PM »
Liz101 & ovaick2 Thanks for the update I have been in the Tourist Office a couple of times in the past but they didn't have much in the way of a regional map but maybe I was unlucky on these visits and the stand wasn't stocked. Will give it another go next month. 

When you visit the TI ask if they have a copy of the MUGLA information book. IF you like to travel and see our local county the Mugla book is a fantastic and well detailed reference to  the whole area including descriptions photos and readable maps.  Easy to plan a day trip or a few days. Sometimes they give and sometimes ask 10TL but well worth twice the price.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 18:56:37 PM »
We just had a week with family over so when we are back to our place next month I intend to have another look around the countryside instead of babysitting like we did this month!!!

When I have ventured out in the past I have managed to get about quite a bit but once ended up on the mountianous Antalya road as I took the wrong turn am hoping to avoid that next time with a better map!!

Thanks for all the help. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf