Author Topic: Violent attacks against women  (Read 8029 times)

Offline raygans

Re: Violent attacks against women
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 20:54:37 PM »
Merlin im afraid we agree with highlander no need for insults .....very unfair

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 21:00:39 PM »
Thanks guys but I don't need anyone to stand by me against a juvenile who feels the need to retort to a slanging match to get his point across.
Oh, and I've already reported this to the boss himself.  End off!!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 21:19:17 PM »
Thanks guys but I don't need anyone to stand by me

Didn't think so Anne ;D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 00:31:31 AM »
There have been a number of very serious assaults on women recently including a violent rape and a couple of young girls who were seriously beaten up.

I started this topic to draw people’s attention to this important issue and direct them to a place where they could get information, offers a measure of support for the victims and where they can also get advice to hopefully prevent them become victims of crime.

One look at the group makes it abundantly clear what this group is about and there is no evidence that it is about anything else so the whole issues of it being about vigilantes is irrelevant because it does not apply.

So, perhaps we can draw a line under this now and not just get back on topic perhaps we can actually get on topic.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/thieves.in.turkey/

Thank you

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 18:15:40 PM »
I am so glad I have joined this group as it reminds you of just what can happen, I have been a bit complacent of late whilst in Turkey. That poor girl who was beaten up just because she would not kiss that t**t unbelievable, if that was my daughter (I don't have a daughter) but if I did I would be baying for that man's /men's blood no question.

Offline grizabella

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 20:52:33 PM »
I was attacked in my previous house when I first moved to Çalış.Was stupid enough to open my door without checking who it was first.Fortunately I had taken a self defence course in the UK and was able to fight him off and kick him onto the balcony enabling me to lock the door.Called the police and they treated me as if I was the criminal.Kept asking me if he was my boyfriend,had I encouraged him and had I been drinking?Was taken to the locHad al devlet where I was breathalised and blood taken then up to the police station at Gunlukbaşı where I was 'interogated'!Had to go the next day to the police station near the Passport Police office to look at mug shots.This was the only place where I was treated with civility and understanding.They never found the man who attacked me and after 6 months I was called to see the prosecutor at the Adliye who 'interogated' me again then told me the case was being dropped!Wish I had known of a group like this when I was going through my trauma.How can I join the group?I have tried clicking on the 'join group' link but doesnt seem to work.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 22:01:12 PM »
I think it is one of the groups where the admins will approve and then add you Grizabella.

I have had a really good look on the group wall and the posts and there is a lot of very useful information, advice and links to relevant web sites.

I am very impressed that you were able to fight off your attacker - the self defense course was well worth it then...

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 20:06:16 PM »
Totally abusing my mod priviledges by posting this but want to be sure that all is cross matched.

You see the member this post here refers to is none other than our new member Merlin.
Please do read and make up your own minds.

http://calis-beach.co.uk/forum/calis_beach_questions_and_information/warning_lee_somine_kebap_20881.0.html

I'm afraid this old hen cannot abide hypocrites!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 20:27:11 PM »
Well, well - over to you Merlin.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 21:18:18 PM »
Good on you Anne.  I don't think you were abusing your privileges but setting the record straight. 

Come on Merlin - the floor is all yours!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf