Author Topic: Two Special Interest Holidays (Cooking and Yoga) at the Olive Garden - Kabak  (Read 1703 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Two Special interest Holidays at The Olive Garden over two weeks in late October 2012.

Why not come to Turkey and sample a unique one week cooking holiday with a difference from  £390 per person sharing an ensuite  cabin, half  board: 21-28 October 2012.

25% discounts for couples or groups of 5 or more. Optional daytrips appealing to foodies included in the price and evening cooking sessions with esteemed chef and owner of The Olive Garden , in his new kitchen on site.

The Nomadic Turkish Kitchen is hosting this special interest holiday in the mountains in rural Turkey, at The Olive Garden, Kabak

To find out more or book  email us now : nomadicturkishkitchen@hotmail.com

For more information join our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/NomadicTurkishKitchen

You can also follow our blog at: www.nomadicturkishkitchen.wordpress.comhttp:

Kabak is situated along the ancient Lycian way in a secluded bay along Turkey’s Mediterranean coast. Only one hour from Dalaman airport, it is easily accessible but remote enough to be unspoiled. The views are stunning and the beach is a 20 minute walk down the mountain path.

Fatih, the proprietor of ''The Olive Garden '', is a professional chef. His delicious home cooked meals are made with vegetables from his own garden. His establishment is mentioned in the Lonely Planet Guide and also has great reviews on Trip Adviser.

Yoga and Meditation week 14th-20th Oct    Program Outline /Half Board from £360p.p.

The Olive Garden is the perfect tranquil location for this special week where you can devote yourself to you; nurturing body and soul. Yoga and meditation will be taught by experienced teacher, Sadhita.     

From Monday to Friday, we will rise early and at 7.30 am meditation will be taught and led followed by a Yoga session at 8.15am, including breath training, systematic relaxation and posture work.

Breakfast will be at 10.00 am after which there will be free time   during the day for swimming, walking and exploring the beach and mountain area, or time for a healing massage from our resident professional Masseur . At approx 6pm there will be a gentle afternoon yoga session focusing on Yin practice i.e. gentle long holding meditative posture work.

Dinner will be at 7pm and at 8.30pm there will be a session of meditation and /or a talk.

Accommodation consists of shared or single wooden chalets with en-suite bathrooms; most have mountain or sea views and small verandas on which to while away the hours.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001217148507

The Teacher: Sadhita has been teaching yoga for many years. His method is an integral system of Hatha yoga which involves Buddhist principles and meditation. For more info see his profile at

http://internationalyogateachertraining.net/content/teacher-profiles

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
I was just reading about the Olive Garden on another site this morning. Looks well worth a visit.
  :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Kabak is well worth a visit and on cooler days have a wander around some of the side roads and meet the villagers.

There are lots of really nice places in Kabak its getting quite a boutique reputation with all the posh places springing up left right and centre.

There are also lots of more traditional places to eat and stay at including the Olive Garden.

Kabak is a very peaceful and relaxing place to visit for a day trip or for a few days break.

We stayed in Shambala for a few days at the end of the season one year and we could have been a million miles away - the weather was perfect, there was an infinity pool, the whole camp had been designed by artists and there were some amazingly creative design features; it was just great.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Well you've just sold it to me Nichola LOL. Would I need to hire a car?
  :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
A car is nice if coming from Çaliş as it is a bit of a trek on the Dolmuş; but the road is a bit scary with some sharp bends on hills which I don't like and prefer to go there on the bikes (scooters).

However if you had a decent car that would be fine. It will take about one hour each way from Çaliş I would say.

If you don't have a car there are regular Dolmuş that run during the day but a more limited possibly non existing service at night. From Fethiye it takes about an hour and a bit by Dolmuş I would say.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
There are 3 spaces left on the cooking course at the Olive Garden in Faralya.

I think the program has been revised a bit and it is possible to take part as a non resident.

There are 4 cooking sessions Mon 22nd to Thurs 25th October

4.30pm - 6.30pm followed by a meal you have prepared.

Contact Mel for more information on 0531 403 65 16
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:54:50 AM by nichola »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf