Author Topic: Turkish kids  (Read 6348 times)

Offline quackers

Re: Turkish kids
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 06:08:56 AM »
No they are not ALL the same as I have saıd we have lovely Turkısh chıldren round here eıther on holıday or resıdent and they all show respect to us and theır famıly. Sometımes they wınge but ıt ıs hot and stıcky and they do not have a pool to cool off ın. I have seen screamıng ,temper tantrum kıds brıts and turkısh and some beıng fed by they're parents while on they're Nıntendo's. In the UK though  they seem to label screamıng kıds wıth an ıllness but some are just naughty.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 08:05:49 AM »
Blimey, surely you cant tar all Turkish kids with the same brush?!

where did anyone during this discussion say "all Turkish kids are noisy"

Offline maecy

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 08:49:44 AM »
From what I have observed, child discipline is often viewed as a community endeavour. For instance my husband (who is Turkish) would happily stop a child running around in a restaurant and tell them to slow down etc - the only response he has ever got is thanks from the Turkish parents.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 12:21:36 PM »
I have no problem with them monopolising the community pool all day and every day....but as a resident on our small site, I expect a wee bit of consideration too, that's all I'm saying, and to be able to relax on my own balcony at 10.00pm, without a hoard of squabbling kids congregating underneath it to play hide n seek, is hardly being unreasonable.

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 12:25:29 PM »
I have no problem with them monopolising the community pool all day and every day....but as a resident on our small site, I expect a wee bit of consideration too, that's all I'm saying, and to be able to relax on my own balcony at 10.00pm, without a hoard of squabbling kids congregating underneath it to play hide n seek, is hardly being unreasonable.
Totally agree with you. Our Turkish neighbour downstairs used to like playing the 'big man' with the neighbouring apartments. He invited all the local kids in to our pool (9-10 kids daily.), and in the evenings he would invite the adults and kids around to sit at dining tables (other owners, taken from their terraces) and drink tea, coffee and beer and swim until the early hours.

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 16:00:26 PM »
Highlander, why do you have to be so anal all the time?

Offline George Warner

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2012, 13:54:42 PM »
One of the things that impressed us when we first came to Turkey some 20 years ago was how quiet most of the children were and how happy they seemed with very little,how well they behaved and how respectful they were of other people.
Things have changed over the years,possibly with the major influence being easier access to European/Western television and cultural habits!
But in general we still find as a people they are preferable to many of those we meet when we venture back into the UK.

Offline starman

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 14:42:31 PM »
At least the kids here dont hang around the local off license or other shops, using abusive language and getting drunk stupid before they hit 16.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2012, 14:52:20 PM »
What I notice when in the UK is that there is more likelihood of kids chucking vile tantrums in supermarkets.  It is a rare thing here (note I didn't say it never happens).  Our Turkish neighbours grandson seems to think he can chuck a purple fit whenever something happens that doesn't suit him.  I think his Mum has no control over him.  However, his Nan puts him in his place and tells him to go off and do weeding amongst the crops, LOL. 

I do think children in Turkey are more likely to be cruel to animals. I suppose they are not being told kindness to animals by their parents.  But, I am not saying I feel this is general, just more likely.  Times are changing though (I wish it would change faster than it is).  In short, I feel kids here ARE lovely, with some exceptions.  And I am glad I have good neighbours because it must be a nightmare to have badly behaved kids living round you and parents who condone it.  But that applies in the UK too.....

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2012, 17:31:33 PM »
Someone has now seen fit to buy "sonny boy" a tricycle, no probs, except that it has a nice wooowooow siren attached  >:( Wonder if it'll fit where the sun don't shine???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf