Author Topic: Where to buy desk and chair  (Read 2189 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Where to buy desk and chair
« on: October 05, 2012, 08:50:32 AM »
Mrs Tickets has instructed me that I must move my Laptop and associated paraphernalia off of the dining room room table to make way for when we start to eat indoors in the cooler months.  I think she also wants to see an end to the mess that then builds up on the table, detracting from the otherwise well ordered and tidy front room!!  And to be frank it's not good for me as after half an hour my back aches as the dining chair and table are not good for looking at the PC etc.

So I need to buy a suitable desk and 'office' chair to set up in the spare bedroom to resolve all these problems.  However, I've tried a number of Mobilya's across Fethiye but have had no luck in finding one that stocks desks and office type chairs at all.  Anyone know where I might find a place that does stock them?  Ideally a range of them, so that I can choose one that suits 'Gentlemen of a larger Frame' ??? ???  Some directions appreciated if it is outside Fethiye central.  Thanks in advance.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: Where to buy desk and chair
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »
I had one made for me Peter by Bekir(erin spot) ideal for working in comfort, shelf underneath for printer, paper etc, just draw up your size and what you want and he will have it made to your wishes. cost me £50, good quality too, wood not chipboard, also stocks computer chairs, i got a good one for 100 lira.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 13:24:45 PM »
There's a Ofis place (might be called Ofis Buro) on LHS past Tansas going from Calis towards Fethiye

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 19:44:23 PM »
Burotime on the Antalya road sells office furniture.
Not cheap but very good and a large variety.

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 21:26:48 PM »
Thanks for the top tips everyone, I'll get out and see these people next week.  Dutchie where along the Antalya road can i find Eurotime?

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 18:08:47 PM »
Coming from Fethiye you have to cross the road, near the Karaculha junction.
It's a big building so you can't miss it.

Offline usedbustickets

Where to buy desk and chair
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 13:40:57 PM »
Went for Erin Spot in the end, the desk is being made to my spec, and I've taken a nice big office chair, rather than the smaller model that would probably have lasted for only 6 months with my frame in it!!  Whole package 375TL, delivery in about 5 days.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 15:46:36 PM »
Thought you might Peter, you wont regret it, one of the main reasons i got it made to my standards was the same as you, 6 foot tall and  15 stone, wanted comfort too. if you have any problems with your desk or chair just give Bekir a call and he will send someone out and pick it up and fix it no charge, he,s a great guy.

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 16:20:45 PM »
To complete this thread, both the desk and chair were delivered at 15:00 today, and taken direct to the new bedroom office by the Erin Spot Logistics Team.  Nice table, with big drawers (oh matron!!) and all in all I am very pleased with it all.  I sit here now all setup with both wireless and LAN (delivered over the main power) connections, and everything to hand.  A good result .. see what good things you can do using CBF.

BTW Mrs Tickets is very happy to be clear of my clutter, but it she believes that now the dining area looks a little bare, and so she is talking of expending cash on lamps, new table cloths, and various other dust collecting items.  Later on this evening I intend to advise her of the folly of such purchase and how she would be better spending the money on a new laptop for use by both of us, well naturally I wouldn't expect to use it that much.  ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 18:14:08 PM »
I knew youd be pleased Peter, if the thumbs up was still going on CBF i might have got one, instead of all the downs i received.   ;)  :)  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf