Author Topic: Deary, Deary me !! How sad, what a shame, never mind !!  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Deary, Deary me !! How sad, what a shame, never mind !!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 00:22:23 AM »
Hazel is a lovely lady - she still visits CBF now and again. It was an entirely "out of the blue" topic and for me one of the best in all our years. There is a formula and it seems to have a good success rate. Not one man, one formula, adopted by many. Not a Calis formula either, one that runs the whole coast of Turkey.

It starts with amazing gentlemanly behaviour - refusing to let the lady pay, but for small things - a loaf of bread, a packet of fags, two coffees. From there it is as Hazel explained - borrow a small amount of money and pay it back as agreed or even earlier. Build it up, build it up, everything gets bigger then pull the rug.

Old hands will tell you the same, they are completely sick of mothers who need urgent operations. 

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 00:33:37 AM »
Just before I gave up hairdressing completly last August, I worked with a "girl" who holidayed in Marmaris twice a year. She'd met a "lovely young waiter" there who befiriended her. This "young" woman is the other side of 39 so no niave twenty year old. I used to think she was really street wise but she was bumping her gums about how special he made her feel. Me and the salon owner (a 5 times a year to Ovacik guy), tried to warn her off. She's never married and quite frugal, so she's loaded!!! She maintained she had it under control. She's off to see him yet again in April, and I can say without doubt, she'll be headlines in Take a Break before too long.
Sad!
 :-[

Offline Eric

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 20:32:42 PM »
"Old hands will tell you the same, they are completely sick of mothers who need urgent operations."

I know this is slightly off topic but I get sick of builders/workers not turning up to do a job, no phone call or anything.  Then when you finally track them down " they, their Mother, Father, Wife, Son, Daughter, Grandmother" was taken suddenly ill and in hospital in "Fethiye, Istanbul, Ankara, Antalya, Izmir".  Fine, but that entails a delay not not turning up at all several days/weeks later!

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 21:59:38 PM »
The thing is, we all want to feel desirable and we all want to be loved. That's why this works. The article says that she was 46 when he left her. I'm 43 and I like to think that I'm still loveable and even desirable. My wonderful husband makes me feel that way but he could be using me I suppose. Who knows until the worst happens?  The big difference is that this guy was 28 to her 46 I suppose. Happens often the other way round but somehow this way it seems more 'ridiculous'.  This lady seems to have had a bit of a tough time in general. I feel sorry for her. She was vulnerable and he saw that. Stupid?  Maybe.  Human?  Yes, and therefore flawed.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 22:18:33 PM »
Yes indeed, pinpointing a vulnerable target is the main part of the scam. It is not wrong for someone of any age to want to be wanted and believe me, they will feel like the most wanted human on the planet.

There are many instances where the m/f ages are wide apart and I can even recall 19/68. I'm sure that isn't even the record. I know handsome young guys who would maybe have been on 400 lira a month, yet always seemed to be driving a new car. Barmen suddenly opening their own bar - which certainly can't be done on a barman's wages. Women that have discussed these relationships with me, then fallen into one, you wouldn't believe it but that has happened more than once.

But the question is, can it work. After a decent number of years the answer is no, never.

I know many Turkish man/British or European woman relationships that work, some are amazingly strong and close. But every single example of a successful TR/UK relationship I know has one thing in common. Both are of similar age, be it 21 or 51. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf