Author Topic: Maintenance Charges  (Read 1713 times)

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Maintenance Charges
« on: April 15, 2013, 15:10:47 PM »
I am attempting to find out if the charges we all pay on our complex are reasonable. We are located in Ovacik with 24 apartments with a communial pool and gardens. There is no 24 security but we have a gardener who is on-site during the days. I am not sure if he is there all year as I suspect that in the winter there is little he can do.

We all share the cost of the gardender and gardening equipment, tools, pool maintenance, chemicals, site electricity for pool and lighting and replacement bulbs etc and an amount for contingencies. 

The current company deals with all payments of the communial bills on our behalf and do a pretty good job overall.

All owners  are paying about £730 per annum for this service does this sound reasonable to others.

Your views/commnets would be appreciated.

TeeTee

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Re: Maintenance Charges
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 16:07:03 PM »
Well i think thats very exspencive that works out about 200tl per month ,we are on a complex of about 24 with 1 lge pool and 1 childrens pool we pay 50 tl  in the summer and winter 30tl when there is not much gardening to do this is with a private man who is very good ,if you are with company everyones getting a rake off .

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Maintenance Charges
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 16:34:32 PM »
We pay 460TL per year, that gets us fairly large pool from May to October, a Gardner / handyman who works six days a week, a complex manager and all water and electric for communal lighting and pool pump.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 16:36:39 PM »
We're on a complex of 36; we use a maintenance company, & have people on site as required, pool + gardens in the summer @ 1100 tl / month, gardens only in the winter 500tl / month + electricity of c 200 tl / month in the summer & 20tl / month in the winter.

Add a bit more for incidentals, eg light bulbs, repairs to communal areas etc.

We currently pay 35tl / month / property, rather less than £730 pa

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 18:35:05 PM »
Wow I thought mine was expensive !

Offline grahamturner09

Maintenance Charges
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 20:10:46 PM »
We have a guy that cleans the outside areas and hallways and looks after the gardens all year round a pool and CCTV  cameras and our charges are 60tl a month

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 10:10:31 AM »
Thank you all for the feedback. One of the reasons I asked was that I thought that the charges were expensive compared to some others I had heard about and aslo the fact that most of the British people on site pay in GBP!!

When this come up for review I will mention the costs compared to others, although I have generally been happy with the service provided but then given the cost I should be. No wonder that did not apply and increase last year and fixed the price for 2 years :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf