Author Topic: Turkey to Maldives  (Read 1421 times)

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
Turkey to Maldives
« on: May 28, 2013, 00:20:22 AM »
Had anyone ever looked at booking a flight or holiday from Turkey to the Maldeves?
Looks like flying from Ataturk to UAE then on to Mali.
Best prices I can find are 3000TL which is dearer than from the UK.

Alternatively does anyone know a decent Turkish based travel agent to book through.
Looking at summer 2014

Offline busybee

Re: Turkey to Maldives
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 05:58:00 AM »
And then you have got to pay for your flight to UK too and possible overnite stay. Sometimes you are nearer the destination from here, but its still more expensive....

There arent that many travel agents here is Fets, but my adivce, is to go in and get prices from them all and see what they come up with.  Lana Travel in the Paspatur are very helpful and the girls speak good English.

Nowdays booking on line is usually the cheapest, gone are the days when you went in the Travel Agents and they did it all for you and sent your tickets in the post lol.

A Turkish friend of ours travels a lot and I am going to ask him for some info, which I will pass on if relevant.

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 08:37:58 AM »
"Sometimes you are nearer the destination from here, but its still more expensive...."

That looks like the case here.
Thanks

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 12:24:35 PM »
We scoured the internet for 'cheap' flights to Maldives from Turkey, including the schduled flights, but found none.  Gave it up as a bad job in the end, besides the cost of accommodation in the Maldives is seriously taking the Michael.

We sometimes forget how we benefit in the UK from a very competitive international travel/holiday market, which does not exist in most parts of the world and that unfortunately includes Turkey.  Still at least we can still - for the moment - get cheap Efes  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf