Author Topic: Turks Don’t Have Any Seaside Manners  (Read 3144 times)

Offline loiner

Re: Turks Don’t Have Any Seaside Manners
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 10:29:41 AM »
I agree with Lotty. We go to Antalya every year for Christmas and I have to pay with an English bank card they will not accept my Turkish card. When I queried at the hotel they said they will not accept Turkish guests.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 15:13:45 PM »
I have to say the thousads of "out of town" Turks that arrive in Fethiye in their flash cars, over the Summer months do seem to be extremly rude to the local shopkeepers, waiters, etc. They seem to think that because they have money they are better than the local people.
Not just Fethiye, happens on the Bodrum Peninsular and along in Kas as well.  The same individuals can be seen in their home environment of Istanbul at clubs like Reina where the (fairly narrow) roads end up clogged with top of the range BMWs, Porsches etc.  The way they treat anyone they perceive to be less well off than themselves is as foul there as the way the treat the locals when they're on holiday.

JF

Offline CLR

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 17:42:14 PM »
All of our neighbours are lovely and their homes are immaculate ( we know because we have been invited in on a couple if occasions). However, when it comes to rubbish it seems that they are quite happy just to lash it in the street or drop it from their car windows - once it has passed across their front gate it does not matter to them!! George asked one of our friends from the UK to bring over a "helping hand" and he regularly clears our road of everyone else's rubbish ( usually at least a bin bag full)!! I think the neighbours think he is totally mad and never seem to get the hint that it is their rubbish he is having to pick up!! It does certainly seem to be a Turkish thing!!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 10:13:42 AM »
I have always thought it strange that The Lara hotels don't accept Turkish visitors without a large deposit.. Can you imagine going to a Hotel in England and being refused on the grounds that you are English?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 10:24:57 AM »
I'd prefer they accepted Turkish and not Russians.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf