Author Topic: Gotcha!!!  (Read 1939 times)

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Gotcha!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 23:24:53 PM »
One down, how many to go...

Sadly the people investing need to shoulder some responsibility too. Had they researched, and not bought properties viewed "at a distance", they would have seen through all this.

I have no property in Turkey and no desire to get any, but if I did I would take advice from websites like this, from people who bought before me and have a full Tapu. Once I know who delivered this, that is the agent I will be buying from. Even today, it mystifies me when I think of the number of times that we sold to someone, and their friend/family member came out with strict instructions to buy from us and us alone, and after a day's viewing disappeared and wouldn't answer their phone.

I can think of several who were tempted away from us with the promise of treasures such as free fridges, or no commission, who paid in full for a property they never got to own.

When I first started it was all about people with little more than a dream, and you could help them realise it. Then it was people who already knew it all arriving with clipboards and tick lists. It's awful to say but the one thing you can't save people from is themselves.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 00:49:21 AM »
I recently met a British couple (at slikmrs' house) who came out on holiday to Turkey for the very first time and on their first day here, to pass some time, they decided to look at a villa and bought it the same day ........ they have lived here for 9 months now and say they will never return to the UK.

From what I can gather everything went like clockwork with no issues. And here's me with 12 months of exhaustive research and three viewing trips .........  :o

However, I think they were lucky, although I'm sure I remember Jacqui saying she had done something similar and I for one could not have been that impulsive/brave. My blood ran cold when they were telling me.

I was also recently told about someone buying her Tasyaka apartment from just seeing the pictures online ........ sheesh!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 01:13:22 AM »
When Loz & I decided to live in the Fethiye area , we decided to look around at properties by ourselves, assisted by a young English woman, who possessed full permissions to work legally in Turkey, through marriage, & Turkish citizenship. However, after viewing many, many properties with Steph, we eventually found our property through the car-hire agency that we used ; Real Tours, opposite Carrefours in Fethiye. No lawyers were ever involved, & within one week of viewing, we were living in our dream home !!
Maybe we were just " lucky ", some may say we were foolhardy, but , to look at property from outside, & a few hundred yards away, Deary, Deary me !!   >:( :o ???

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 07:45:35 AM »
Well we took the plunge in 2003 . Was only out on holiday but the bug bit early and we spent a week looking at properties. Our apartment block as not finished so we had the choice of fixtures, finishes and fitting. But everytime I think back as to how I went to the bank with Mustapha, (the agent from Falcon Homes), withdrew £3,000 for the deposit on my credit card, well I shudder. Thankfully Mustapha's wife Tracy (now, ex-Premier Homes) was very switched on and assured us the money would go into a client account. Over the next three months we paid the balance and received updates a photos of progress. When we moved in everything was almost as it should have been and the only hassle we had was from the builder when trying to change the service accounts, he seemed to gain great delight in us, some of the owners, chasing him round Fethiye all day!!

Well, 11 years on we are still here and are home is as we want it.

TC   :)  :)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 17:55:45 PM »
Glad to hear it, TC.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf