Author Topic: Advice on Antalya.  (Read 2062 times)

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Advice on Antalya.
« on: April 22, 2014, 12:31:27 PM »
Looking for a little guidance.
We intend to take some time off our June holiday in Calis and spend a few days in Antalya.
I have no experience of the area but think I have worked out our coach travel arrangements and would appreciate any advice on accommodation.
We prefer smaller hotels and two recommended on CBF, the Otel Kaleici and Oscar Boutique Hotel look suitable although the Kaleici post is around two years old.
Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Offline snowtop

Re: Advice on Antalya.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 22:02:06 PM »

Alp Pasa Hotel we found to be expensive for what you get, but it is good

Hotel Reutlingen Hof   we stopped here 3 time and found it better value for money, However in summer if you are on the street side you can hear the local disco at night.  We went later on in the year and asked for a room away from the sound of the disco.

Secret Palace Pansion .  Not stopped here but spent a day here and that will be our next stop.  It looked good, a nice shaded garden, normal food and a nice medium size pool

Beware of the Shoe shine man by Hadrian's Gate, he is very subtle in his con to get you to let him shine your shoes.

Offline John H

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 09:56:10 AM »
Thank you snowtop.
Does not seem to be a popular place to visit by CBF members going by the response.
Is it worth a visit for 2/3 days?

Offline philrose

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 10:25:50 AM »
Mixed feelings about Antalya myself. Love the old town and harbor where you will probably find the best selection of boutique hotels. As for the rest the city it is just a sprawling mass of concrete as far as I'm concerned, but does have some designer shops etc. if that's your particular thing and Lara beach is just an endless plethora of all inclusive hotels....

Offline John H

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 15:20:39 PM »
Thought I would round off my post.
We did spend two days in the old town of Antalya and loved it.
We used the Antique Pension which is situated a short walk from the central clock tower and mosque at the edge of the old town.
Only 5 rooms,very clean and well run by Harun and his staff.
There are a lot of interesting areas in the old town but much of it is a bazaar where items on display completely cover the building fronts.
The marina is very nice with an assortment of bars and restaurants but beware as often the prices are in  Euros although this is not immediately noticeable.
A tram ride to the local beach is interesting and the beach it's self well organised.
The coach journey is around three and a half hours with a stop mid way. Costs 28 TL pp each way and worth it for the experience alone.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 17:31:35 PM »
Thanks for the update John, useful information.

Offline poppy50

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 20:52:08 PM »
We found the Aspen a boutique hotel, in  Kaleici a great place to stay.  It has a small pool and lovely lounge.  Food was reasonable for the price we paid. If you pay a little extra, book a room looking over the pool.  Rooms are more comfortable and bigger.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf