Author Topic: Yacht Tranit Log Fines  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Lorraine

Yacht Tranit Log Fines
« on: May 17, 2014, 14:12:25 PM »
Just a warning to anyone who has or knows anyone with a 'foreign' flagged vessel.
Yachts / Boats that sail in Turkey are required to have a valid transit log, which they are required to renew yearly. They may stay in Turkish waters for a maximum of FIVE years.
In the last week I know personally of four boats here in Marmaris that have been here longer than five years and when they have come to either check out or renew their transit log they have been hit with an enormous fine, 1,000 Euros and 5% of the value of the boat, an official person will come and value the boat (which they charge you £325 for the pleasure). It seems that prior to this year few boats were actually fined, but now it is being implemented vigorously. The fine is paid to customs, a friend who paid them 3,500 euros yesterday was given no receipt!!!

So beware...check when you entered Turkey and do not stay over 5 years without checking out.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Yacht Tranit Log Fines
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »
Thanks for the information Lorraine. We get a lot of foreign boat owners in the restaurant so I have printed this to share on our noticeboard.

Hope you are both well and look forward to seeing you when you sail this way soon   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf