Author Topic: Have you enterded turkey with less than 6 months on passport?  (Read 2767 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
OK, simple  question.   How many people have enterded Turkey with less than Six months on their passport. IVe posted a similor question elsewhere but was more around THE VISA issue.  So many people saying THE Six month validity not an issue, but obviously rather be safe than sorry. But based on current backlog, iT may not be possible. Thanks

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Have you enterded turkey with less than 6 months on passport?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 07:54:13 AM »
Of course people will say they have with no problems and you will hear a lot of stories about people getting through without a problem, but IMO it would be madness to take a chance and sit sweating on the plane worrying that you would not be allowed into Turkey and possible be put on a plane back to the UK.
A few years ago my passport would have had just under 6 months to run when I was going to Turkey.  I rang the Turkish Embassy and they told me I must get a new passport.
This rule is for our own benefit, if we needed to stay in Turkey through illness etc., it would be a big problem if our passport became out of date.

Offline Christie

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »
I have a feeling that most travel brochures tell you to have more than 6 months left on your passport when travelling abroad.  We always renew well in time and the remaining months get added to your new passport.   We certainly would not travel anywhere with just 6 months remaining.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 12:40:33 PM »
I have to agree.
I would not chance it. I would pay the extra for a passport in a day if that is still available.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 13:41:49 PM »
OK, simple  question.   How many people have enterded Turkey with less than Six months on their passport.

Your question may be simple, unfortunately the answer is not.  I'm sure there are those that have entered with less than 6 months validity but on the other hand I'm sure there are those who have been denied entry for not having the required time left on their passport.  Like everything bureaucratic in Turkey, its all down to how a local official interprets the rules.  You may get lucky, you may not - in fact, given that the carrier has to foot the bill for anyone denied entry, you may get no further than check in.

Personally, I cant think of anyone I know who has tried, but then again the rules are clear - 6 months validity from date of entry - so really, its a no brainer.

I renewed my youngest daughters passport on Wednesday at the Glasgow office.  In and out in 20mins and 4hrs later, new passport.  Ok, had to pay for premium service but surely that better than being denied entry?

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 16:58:48 PM »
In the words of the great Dirty Harry / Harry Callahan / Clint Eastwood:

"You've got to ask yourself a question, "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"

;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf