Author Topic: Outlander....not to be missed IMHO  (Read 10688 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Outlander....not to be missed IMHO
« on: August 02, 2015, 10:53:25 AM »
I downloaded the first series of Outlander onto my kindle for our last holiday.  I was totally hooked. It is such a great series and filmed totally in Scoltland. The scenery is wonderful and the story fabulous.
It is a big success around the world and particularly in the States.
I am amazed it has not been shown on T.V. in the U.K.  it is available to download and is also in book form.
I read that the reason it was not shown on  British T.V. was because of the Scottish Independence Vote and at the time it was thought it would be biased to show it.
To the ladies, a lovely man in this series, that you will fall in love it.  To the men lots of fighting and a very strong storyline.  To all those who live in Scotland, you wll recognise a lot of the places and also a lot of our great Scottish actors such as Bill Patterson.
Give it a go you will not be disappointed.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Outlander....not to be missed IMHO
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 13:04:29 PM »
I am amazed it has not been shown on T.V. in the U.K. 

That is because Amazon obtained the UK rights, not a TV company.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 15:52:02 PM »
Looks like it may be on T.V. this year.   It is a huge worldwide hit, being shown in 80 countries.
I hope it will be shown on T.V. they are filming Series 2 again in Scotalnd.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13193191.Outlander_will_finally_be_screened_on_UK_television_next_year/

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 17:29:55 PM »
Series 2 will mostly be filmed In Prague, which substitutes for France, which is where the storyline takes up after Jamie and Claire have to flee Scotland, after Jamie's recovery from his extremely  brutal and explicitly filmed rape at the hands , ( and everything else !) of Black Jack Randall . Lorraine has her own forum with thousands of " Outlander " followers/members worldwide, and also a Facebook page. Every single episode is freely available to Forum Members 4 hours after screening in the U.S. of A !!   ..... Brilliant story, a bit like Highlander meets The Time Lords !!!!

Offline GordonA

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 17:37:39 PM »
By the way, The Herald article, above, was written in December 2014, and filming/shooting changes have subsequently been decided upon since then. Any persons wishing to watch in the U.K. will need to subscribe to the channel which has won the contract to screen it ; Amazon, or Lorraine's Forum !!!!    ;)
You are welcome !!   8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 17:42:57 PM »

"Season 2 of Outlander will reportedly feature a more urban setting as the story is set to continue in France. However, most of the filming will take place in Scotland, the south of England, and Prague, according to the show's executive producer Ron Moore's "

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/outlander-season-2-filming-updates-set-photos-jamie-claire-costume-leaked-online-1504594

I hope a lot WILL be filmed in Scotland as it is really good for our economy.   I read on T.A. all the time questions from visitors and particularly Americans, who want to visit all the film sites. Visit Scotland (our Tourist organisation)  now has a web page with a map of all the locations.   I particularly like Falkland in Fife, near where I used to live.  I love Falkland and it looks the same today as it did 400 years ago in the town centre with the magnificent Falkand Palace.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 18:56:59 PM »
I love Falkland and it looks the same today as it did 400 years ago in the town centre with the magnificent Falkand Palace.

I didn't realise that they had cars, traffic lights, yellow lines and parking restriction signs, blue wheelie bins, park benches, etc 400 years ago.

Offline GordonA

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 20:23:33 PM »
It's all down to " Time Travel " Alan, and I wonder just how many are aware that Falkland Palace used to be in the South Atlantic, until the " Argy's " got their eye on it, and it was transported to it's present location by H.G. Wells ?? Now, THAT is true,.. : :).............. just as sure as I am milking this giraffe !!   :o

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 20:30:10 PM »
A bit sad that you have the time to search the net for picture with a car and people, but thoroughly expected of you, who seem to take delight in trolling all the posts on this Forum.
Falkland in Outlander.   Easy to take out yellow lines and new cars for a film company.  Easy for me too as I can use my imagination. The 20th Century trappings are minuscule compared to the bigger picture of the whole wonderful conservation village.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 20:31:50 PM »
I know, I believe you. As sure as I'm riding this unicycle.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf