Author Topic: Name and shame... beaten up and mugged in Uzumlu  (Read 37453 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Name and shame... beaten up and mugged in Uzumlu
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2014, 20:33:37 PM »
Actually - does anyone know gr77? Anyone vouch for a "John Jones" living in Uzumlu? It's a small place, someone will know him. If nobody can reply saying so, I will assume it is a made up name and delete - and restrict this topic to people who have been members for more than just a day.

Offline kevinartois

« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2014, 20:38:15 PM »
no what i meant   my sister lives in a village i stayed with her for a while [divorce] went for a drink in the local pub you get [clocked] noticed people know why your there

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2014, 20:40:12 PM »
Yeah, same as village pubs in UK - strangers enter at their peril  :)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2014, 20:46:50 PM »
Yep, that sounds like The Masons.

Offline kevinartois

« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2014, 20:53:08 PM »
the point is this isnt hisaronu or marmaris they know who the bloke is they shouldnt have taken his money served him

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2014, 20:57:09 PM »
I agree, and certainly if he is staying in the village you don't need to follow a non-payer and extract his payment by way of a baseball bat. When we moved there I often went home without paying - not because I am dodgy or because I was pulling a fast one - I simply wasn't used to paying at the end. Nobody beat me with a bat for it, in fact they were absolutely charming about it next time I saw them  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2014, 21:12:08 PM »
Several members from Uzumlu have PMed me to say they have no knowledge of a "John Jones" in the little village - and surprisingly people from both sides of the argument. Someone would know him surely.

So it is with some regret (although hardly any) that "John Jones/gr77" has been removed from CBF.

Please be assured that opinions from all sides of all arguments are actively welcomed on CBF - and are evident in this very topic - but anonymous or made up names are nearly always trouble in forumland and we already saw that beginning in gr77's later posts. Still, if any established member of CBF can PM me to vouch for there being a "John Jones" in Uzumlu, then provided he can keep the insults to himself he will be allowed back.

Surely one of the Eddy supporters knows "John Jones"? No??

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2014, 10:54:17 AM »
I absolutely love your posts K.... It kept me and Barrie amused over breakfast this morning.. You certainly have a way with words.. I think you missed your vocation.

Offline bluegypsylou

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2014, 11:02:14 AM »
Liz,  he didn't have his passport stolen - you've made that bit up.
Maybe so Steve but you do require a Fit to Fly Certificate and if the injuries suffered to the head were so serious I hardly think he would be allowed to fly out the next day!!

Offline bluegypsylou

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2014, 11:07:03 AM »
The other side of the story is that this guy beat up a very quiet guy in the Pub - this is a matter of Police record, and photographs were taken by the Police of the severely blood-stained bar stool.  When he started the attack his girl-friend left the bar and he followed later.

I would just add that if he flew out the next day he would require a Fit to Fly Certificate.  Surely if the injuries to his head were as quoted he would not be provided with this?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf