Author Topic: Turkish Bank Deposit Account  (Read 6245 times)

Offline AnneandTerry

Turkish Bank Deposit Account
« on: February 01, 2004, 23:10:41 PM »
Has anybody opened a lira deposit account?  Or do you know anything about them?  We've been told the interest rates are good.

Anne and Terry

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 23:15:24 PM »
Hi Anne and Terry
Lira accounts do pay a high rate of interest, but it is wise to be in turkey all the time because you can lose a lot of money due to exchange rate fluctuations.

Dave

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 16:49:13 PM »
I have a lira account to make money you need to inform bank how long you wish to leave cash in to get max interest you can leave it for 1 month or whatever length of time you say but you must be there on the agreed time to either draw cash or put it in for another period if you go over the time it reverts back to a normal account

Ron

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 20:31:51 PM »
Legless - Can't that be done via internet - such as - on the due date transfer the funds to another account ?. - or am I thinking too simplistic ?

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 21:56:41 PM »
Only if its Internet banking, Our bank is Deniz bank ,no internet we have arranged for money to be put in in Feb for us to draw out in May

Ron

Offline Bradley

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 10:26:57 AM »
Not quite sure what Ron meant, but Deniz bank does have a website - http://www.denizbank.com its also in English. As we understand it if you're talking about transfering money to and from a Turkish account to an English account then you cannot do this over the net, you have to do this at the bank. But a Turkish Lira account to a Turkish Lira account should be okay (we haven't yet done it though). At the very least on the Deniz website you can trace your account activity.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 16:56:55 PM »
What i meant is you can't transfer from UK to Deniz bank over the internet, you can do a manual transfer but it costs money.

Garanti Bank have a service I believe that you can transfer for free with ( I think )

Am I right Rimms ?

Ron

Offline Roly

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 03:31:47 AM »
Re DenizBank - We opened a Sterling and TL Deposit account in October.We have not received any interets on the TL account and I have just noticed that from Jan 04 they have started charging 1,000,000 TL per month account management fee...I have made no transactions and my money is disappearing even though I am in credit. Can anyone advise best bank for Interest rates and no management fees?

cheers

Offline AnneandTerry

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 09:11:21 AM »
We opened Sterling and Lira accounts with Garanti Bank in September.  I used the accounts when I was in Fethiye last month, and there have definitely not been any charges made on either account.

Anne

Offline 160606

Re: Turkish Bank Deposit Account
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 17:28:28 PM »
Sorry not Rimms but we have an account with Garanti and transferred a large amount of money this year from a British bank and there was a charge from the British bank and an acceptance/handling charge from Garanti.  But unlike what legless says we have our interest paid every 36 days, it is paid straight into the account and if we wish to draw that months interest the bank will transfer it straight into our Lira account, no hassle at all.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf