Author Topic: Uzumlu Forum Now Members Only  (Read 10340 times)

Offline bikerchickblonde

Uzumlu Forum Now Members Only
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 21:58:14 PM »
A bit of a philosophical reply Scunner (Para.4), but there are not many Cockney blondes in Uzumlu, so the person in question really had no choice but to assume she was the subject!  I just hope the persons who made the remark realise just how much distress they have caused! It was a private conversation between a group of people in an empty bar(the couple must have arrived during the conversation)! "The factual set of circumstances" I do dispute as we only have Busby's account, don't we?

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 22:07:31 PM »
"Its them out there that aren't real! They couldn't possibly ...."
Well Scunner, funny you should say that ....  it has been suggested today that Buzby can't be real!  For example.... there is not a restaurant in Uzumlu that hasn't made him ill, broken his teeth, etc. etc. and he doesn't like the clientele of the Wine House .....  but he can't wait to come in November !!!  Errrr ... Real or Unreal??  Oops, must be catching!   Put the red wine away .... that's it .... its the Uzumlu Wine thats doing it!! Hic!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 22:10:35 PM »
Listen Ms Biker Chick Blonde

I appreciate what you are saying, I have all the way through. Now can you appreciate my point, that the upset caused that you mention may be met equally by the upset caused to someone, somewhere by people talking about others, behind their back? Is one more acceptable than the other in your opinion?

I have previously discussed how difficult administrating CBF can be, especially in situations like these. We get slated for locking topics, we get slated for not locking topics (the same topic sometimes) - so you tell me, just this once, how you would have dealt with all this...

You're the administrator for this set of recent topics. Whatever you think, I'll do.

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 22:14:56 PM »
Remove the offending thread started by Buzby please Mr. Scunner and I will shut up! They dont called me the Rottweiller with Lipstick for nothing!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 22:20:09 PM »
My mum always warned me that three things were best avoided. Bikers, chicks, and blondes. OK I will delete it, you're the boss

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 22:22:23 PM »
There, a man of my word as always. Oh, I'm admin again now  ;)

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 22:22:36 PM »
Mum was right! Thanks!  Night night!

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 22:30:36 PM »
You always get your way Liz  ! see you Saturday

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 22:30:45 PM »
Ok, now if everyone stops posting on THIS topic it will drop away, and maybe all the posting efforts of the last few days centred on Uzumlu could be channeled into showing how nice a place it is to be  :)

Maybe not [:o]

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 22:40:43 PM »
Changed my mind ... not going to bed after all!   Uzumlu is great... all the restaurants are good!  People are friendly .... weather fantastic!  Bus service not bad!  Wine sometimes good!  Barber cheap ... not that I need to go yet! Good social life!  Interesting walks organised and other trips ... bit hot at mo though!  Good Turkish lessons.  Nice cold Efes ... too much sometimes!  Lovely and rural ... goats, sheep, tortoises etc. etc.  Not TOO many tourists...just enough to liven things up in summer!  Beautiful views .... not too far from the beach!  We sometimes get water! Well.. usually get water! Occasional earthquakes, but not toooo many!  Just rocks the bed now and then ... at least I think it was an earthquake!  Down side ... nasty moths!! PS Calvin... my name is not Liz!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf