Author Topic: Gurkha insult.  (Read 2251 times)

Offline BlackAdder

Gurkha insult.
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 14:44:23 PM »
Sandrats, Thank you, many of us are also proud of you.

For the Immigration minister (I forget his name, another puffed-up talking suit) to say that we cannot afford it is scandalous; we have a debt, both moral and legal, and it must be paid.
We must never forget that the Gurkhas have served this country for over 200 years and are one of the most respected regiments in the british army. They have been killed and injured for this country, now they are insulted and still they hold thier heads high with dignity.
Good luck to all of them.

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Gurkha insult.
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 08:41:16 AM »
There is a vote in parliament this wednesday on the issue, it won't change anything but we can make our presence felt by urging our MPs to turn up and vote. You can contact your MP via   http://www.theyworkforyou.com/. 8)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Gurkha insult.
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 11:55:05 AM »
Dear Khalid Mahmood,MP
I wish to register my disgust at the Governments attitude to the Gurkha issue.If there are insufficiant funds to care for them properly,perhaps we should kick out the Afghan Hi'jackers,or the Bogus Asylum Seekers,or the Illegal Immigrants and then maybe we could look after the Gurkha's properly.!!We could also divert some of the M P's Expenses to this far better cause.I hope you will carry my thoughts into Wednesdays Debate

DONE.!! ;) ;) :) :)   Good site,now bookmarked.Keep the buggers on their toes.!!

Offline Keith

• Middleton, Manchester, UK
Gurkha insult.
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 16:25:04 PM »
Visit this site & sign the petition.   http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk

Offline snowtop

Gurkha insult.
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 19:42:42 PM »
i have just signed myself, and emailed the link to everyone on my email list.  l think the way the Gurkhas are treated by the UK govt is F****** disgusting & the whole lot should be put to ridicule by all the people of Britain who appreciate a First Class loyal soldier, and should have the right to be classed as British after a certain length of time in the British Army.   l have had contact with these people & they are completely honourable men, in contrast to thousands of scum that have done nothing for the British people, but scrounge of the state.   l am not classing all refugees as scum because that would be completely out of order & not true.

Offline TGAR

Gurkha insult.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 14:26:59 PM »
Just signed petition myself. Am an ex squaddie who was affiliated to a Gurkha regiment and was proud to wear the kukri's on my uniform. A disgraceful way to treat those prepared to give their lives in service, please can as many as possile support this worthwhile cause?

Offline wickwilly

Gurkha insult.
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 17:13:25 PM »
The govt were defeated today 267 to 246.:D:D:D So the Ghurkas might be treated more fairly by this scum Govt now. We shall see.
WW

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Gurkha insult.
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 19:38:27 PM »
WW.The 246 should be made to enlist and be posted to Afghanistan.I know of a soldier that is out there.He was'nt paid for 14 weeks due to a "computor error",and on his last leave home (14 days cut to 11days,due to a shortage of Hercules planes,)the troops were told at the airfield that if they were using public transport to get to their home addresses they were NOT to travel in uniform,in case it caused offence to some of the ethnic minority's.This soldiers mother was in tears,telling me this.dont we look after them well.!!!  :-\:-\:-\

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Gurkha insult.
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 22:06:16 PM »
victory for the gurkhas,good news on telly tonight.well done to everyone who signed the petition to their MP

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Gurkha insult.
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 12:43:05 PM »
I just hope that we the voters have memories that can hold true until 2010 and that some of these MP and ministers lose thier ticket on the gravy train. although i do feel all we'll end up doing is getting different set passengers on said train.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf