Author Topic: FTC and "customer care" lol lol  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Carpete

FTC and "customer care" lol lol
« on: June 29, 2009, 23:23:06 PM »
After joining 300 other people flying from Dalaman into Norwich on 26th June  (eta. 5.45 pm) we were diverted into Gatwick following an incident in which the smell of burning rubber wafted over our heads!  :o The crew also sat down very quickly and and looked very pale!  After landing  at Gatwick (with no delay[?]) we were then held on the plane  for ages while engineers investigated but then told to leave the plane. After spending an hour getting through security and into Gatwick departure lounge we waited further. No TC reps, no announcements, no info given. My daughter phoned me at 10pm to say  via. the  TC website that we were being coached back into Norwich where "taxis would be waiting". When the first coach arrived at Norwich at 1.25 am Norwich airport was shut.  (Its is also miles from anywhere I might add apart from 1 hotel 1/2 mile away).  No bus. No taxis. No people. Just thick fog. Thank God for mobile phones and the decency of people helping each other out. I got into my bed at 3am  on 27th June and there were 4 coaches after ours. The only TC personnel we saw and had  any contact with was 1 lone guy who told us which coach to get on at Gatwick. Words fail me. And Thomas Cook fails US! [:(!]  Could this massive company not have co-ordinated just one person to oversee this incident and  give information and help people when they finally arrived at their destination 7-8 hours late? Not everyone is young, fit and mobile after all.  Or perhaps they think that just getting us off a plane with such problems was enough on their part. OK! Rant over!  :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf