Author Topic: Info about Kayakoy  (Read 2513 times)

Offline numbumnumone

Info about Kayakoy
« on: July 03, 2009, 17:18:56 PM »
Hi,
 Due to holiday out here soon - we are staying in villa out there as we fancied away from the bustle of Hisaronu where we normally holiday. We know Hisaronu/Ovacik and Olu Deniz pretty well. We are just wondering about dolmus. We know it is every hour to Kayakoy, so what actual time does it kind of arrive in the village.Also where do we actually get on and off it there. Where is the main stop? Or can we just flag it down? I don't fancy missing it and then having to wait another hour to get into hisaronu when I am hungry!
We are not actually sure of the exact location of our villa. looked on google earth and it appears to be near the mosque in kaya.
thanks for any info

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Info about Kayakoy
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 17:58:58 PM »
not sure what time but you can flag it down anywhere and also get off anywhere, there are plnety of good restaurants in kaya so you wont starve ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Info about Kayakoy
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 18:36:10 PM »
During the season the dolmuses run half hourly, on the hour and the half hour to Hisaronu, Ovacik and Fethiye. You have to change at Hisaronu to get to Oludeniz. The first one out of the village in the morning leaves at 8am and the last one out of Hisaronu back to Kaya is about 20.30. As Tinks says, just wave them down and they'll stop.

If you don't want to use the dolmuses, and there are 3 or 4 of you, it's quite economical to use taxis. It's 15 TL by taxi each way between Hisaronu and Kaya Mosque and about 20 - 25 TL after midnight.

There are plenty of very good restaurants in the village to suit all tastes.

The good news is that you won't have to worry about booking an early morning call if you're near the mosque !

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Info about Kayakoy
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 19:09:10 PM »
If I was staying in kaya, I would relish NOT having to go out to Hisaronu to eat.  In my opintion, Kaya has far nicer/more traditional and classier restaurants than Hisaronu - we have our place in Ovacik, but much prefer the resturants of Kaya for eating out (unless we fancy a chinese or indian in which case Hisaronu calls!!)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf