Author Topic: electric  (Read 2093 times)

Offline tracey1398

electric
« on: March 31, 2010, 05:28:07 AM »
we have a very high electric bill every month 300-500 depending on the month we are trying to get it down we have a big property but only use the same amount of rooms as a villa we have had the electric checked 3 times and there is nothing wrong with elec box we are a family of 5 so dont expect it to be loads cheaper we have a pump for all our water could it be that  any ideas please :(

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
electric
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 07:01:14 AM »
that does sound a bit excessive; has it been checked to see if someone else is linked into your supply? It wouldn't be the first time.

do you use air con or those electric UFO things? I have friends that were paying 250tl pm on average for fairly small villas/aparts in winter.

Offline micky mouse

electric
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:56:40 PM »
Christ thats got to be wrong have you got a football pitch in your garden with flood lights or something?I moan about my eletric bills of 300 to 350 a year for my villa although im only out in turkey about 3months of the year where i have everything running 3air con units,tv,cooker,kettle,microwave,etc.I think theres something dodgy going on there it could be someones hooked up to your electric,Down the road from me some families are hooked up to the roadside lamp posts so it would not surprise me get someone to check it out for you possibly an english electrican living out in turkey,good luck.

Offline busybee

electric
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 15:29:34 PM »
Get Bayram the electrician to check it out for you.  He is as honest as the day is long.  Email me for his number.

Offline busybee

electric
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 15:33:13 PM »
If you have the 3 tier electric do your washing after 10pm which is the cheapest rate.  Our neighbours have the one tier rate and there electric bill is considerably cheaper than ours.  I understand you can not change back to this system if you have the 3 tier jobbie.

Offline tracey1398

electric
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 16:12:04 PM »
do you know how to tell if we have the 3 tier rate [?]

Offline tracey1398

electric
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 16:27:16 PM »
already had bayram check it he sais its fine my hubby thinks its because the kids are always leaving lights on but i still think there is more to it

Offline hubblebubble

electric
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 17:25:15 PM »
Tracey try turning everything off at your internal fuse box - then monitor the meter.
This way you will know if it is you using the electricity.
It seems a very high bill to me.

Offline tracey1398

electric
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 05:09:52 AM »
thanks sue will try that today  what about the pump for the well does anyone else use just well water  no mains water[?]

Offline peecee

electric
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 06:18:18 AM »
Just a thought but if there are 5 people in the house then I would imagine you use quite a lot of water which has to be 'pumped' up by electric.  The electricity has to be more expensive than the mains water.  My bill for water last year was 35tl (which I couldn't even believe, thought it would be a lot more!)
So, if the water pump is running a lot then that could be putting the electric up?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf