Author Topic: Buying a Villa in Calis  (Read 5514 times)

Offline soniatheobald

Buying a Villa in Calis
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 11:33:47 AM »
i have lived in this area for 5 years and have friends that live on that particular row of villas and i can assure you that they have never had any problems with flooding,although quite remote for some people,its actually a very nice area to live in.Dolmus services run both to calis and fethiye very frequently and ciftlik village has all the shopping amenities that you could want,including several very cheap and nice cafes.Ifor one prefer to live away from all the hoards of tourists and as calis is a short distance away its not far to go for nights out.Good luck with your purchase should you go ahead.

Offline terrie

Buying a Villa in Calis
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 13:33:09 PM »
hi Mark ,we too have lived in the area for 4+ years,these villas are not near any that have had flooding.we know the people on the end,nearest the road,
If you do decide to go ahead,please check that, that house had a soak away done,when they were built they had tanks for the waste water,some of them have been modified,otherwise you will forever have the lorry there emptying the tank
good luck if you do buy,we love the area,having moved once(500mts)down the road,just far enough out of town,but not too far everything

Offline Mark Cameron

Buying a Villa in Calis
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 14:21:25 PM »
Hi Terrie,

Thanks for your feedback

I am sure that the property owner said that the tank was small and that we would need to empty it regularly, is this a headache?

Mark

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
Buying a Villa in Calis
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 14:27:05 PM »
Hi Mark, I have a place close to you, also have never heard of these flooding, but I would highly recommend the area, its got enough facilities 'corner shops', bars, restaurants etc without lots of people yet transport links to Calis and beyond if reqd.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Buying a Villa in Calis
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 14:42:47 PM »
Also it is worth mentioning that a decent alarm would be a good idea if anyone is buying a villa in Koca Calis that is unattended out of season as the more remote parts do appear to be targeted by winter burglars. There is very little street lighting and a lot of empty property sitting in the dark.

Offline djd

Buying a Villa in Calis
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 19:23:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Cameron

Thanks for coming back to me Scunner.

It was the Villa that blew us away.. The area was a little more remote that we would of liked but then we heard about the flooding issues so we were a little concerned. I suppose i really need to find out whether or not this particular villa  has issues with water

Mark

i live in these villas where you looked, i have been here 3 years , never flood, thay are bulit up and still a lot to do with out all the tourists around you , your love it

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf