Author Topic: Selling/buying a car - part II  (Read 2895 times)

Offline peecee

Selling/buying a car - part II
« on: September 22, 2010, 11:38:49 AM »
advice for those wishing to buy/sell a car and you don't have residency.  If you are going to apply for residency then you MUST apply for at least 6 months residency to actually get a kimlik no.  You can get residency for 4 or 5 months but that doesn't entitle you to a kimlik no, you then have to apply for a further 6 months (making 10 months in all) to actually get the kimlik!!!!:(.

Offline Firo

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 16:39:47 PM »
Peecee check with Koray Atak as he was saying that residency was not a legal requirement to buy or sell a car. New software was introduced and it only had space for a Kimlik number hence the residency panic. He said it was just a matter of time before the program was altered to allow a passport number or tax number to be placed.
I know that recently on here a few people have said they have sold or know people that have sold cars without residency. Hopefully that may mean that it is no longer a requirement but he would definitely find out for you.
He's down the stairs behind the barber just before Gold computer shop. They are legal translators and if anyone can find out the facts he will. He comes highly recommended.
Fi

Offline pamsandra

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »
New info for buying a scooter and probably a car - last week a new rule was introduced that not only do you need residency, you now need your passport translated by a notary and foreign plates have to be obtained from Mugla so you need a translator to accompany you - the plates are no longer available from the transport police in Fethiye - unless someone knows different..........

Offline Firo

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 13:01:51 PM »
Where did this latest info come from?

Offline peecee

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 05:20:30 AM »
After the great advice from Firo (many thanks Fiona) I contacted Koray and Gunes re: selling quad (to another yabanci).  We did do it without any kimlik no.  Gunes phoned a notary office (won't mention which number) who told her my tax number didn't exist (where's all the tax I've paid gone?)  Luckily she had the forsight to phone a different notary who said there was no problem re: tax no OR selling/buying.  That was notary no. 1.  Very helpful.
Downside is you (as the purchaser) do (apparently) have to go to Mugla for re-registration.  Seems like they're bringing in this new bit about the plaka being yours not the vehicles. That is what the notary told us. However, you can pay some traffic 'person' to do it with power of attorney.
So, it is possible, definitely would suggest contacting Koray and Gunes who really went out of their way to help.  Many, many thanks to you both :)
PS That was a total waste of 650tl for residency[:(!]

Offline Firo

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 11:06:38 AM »
So Peecee is that confirming that you DO NOT need residency to buy or sell a car?
I'm so glad Koray could help you and I would always go to him with any query so it could be properly confirmed or not.
A more helpful and honest couple you will find hard to find.

Offline peecee

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 05:22:42 AM »
Apparently, and I would stress apparently, no residency is needed.  The buyer had an out if date residency (but did have kimlik no.), the notary worked with our tax no's and passport (interesting point, this notary did not insist on a translation of passports either! That saved 60tl)
~Think it does depend on which notary you use and who is helping you.  Notary No. 2 are notoriously unhelpful.
Having said that being where we are that could change today, left hand right hand etc. ;)

Offline yabanci

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 19:52:40 PM »
My friend was able to sell his car today using his kimlik number from his lapsed residency.

Offline quackers

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 20:34:13 PM »
Also if you buy a car make sure all family drivers names are on the car documents otherwise if the owner dies the car does not belong to anyone else and you cannot sell it. We were advised about this becuse I drive our car but my husband is the owner and if my husband dies I can drive it but cannot sell it.

Offline peecee

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 08:10:03 AM »
Little update on this - my purchaser went up to Mugla for the re-registration of the vehicle.  He went up about 5/6 days after we had 'done the deal'.  He was in the Polis traffic office for about 3 minutes.  The paperwork had been sent to them (assume from the Notary) and it had already registered in his name.  Quick and very easy.  (The plaka no didn't have to be changed either.)  So, in theory, plan a day out at Mugla instead of hours waiting in the Polis office.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf