Author Topic: Opticians  (Read 1962 times)

Offline yakamoz

Opticians
« on: April 08, 2011, 22:58:38 PM »
Are glasses still cheaper to buy in Turkey. Any recommendations of good optician in Hisaronu/Fethiye.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Opticians
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 05:45:22 AM »
Glasses are much cheaper now at tesco opticians, if you have one near you. There are still some decent price glasses here in Turkey
Mark

Offline littlereddevil

Opticians
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:53:16 AM »
Glasses can now be bought very cheap in the UK, but I prefer to buy mine in Turkey. I find the lenses are much better quality and also the service is much better. More care seem to be taken to get them right, fit etc. I go to Genc optician and use Sedhat. They are in the cinema area.

Offline valleyboy

Opticians
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 10:09:38 AM »
I bought a pair last week from "Alice Optic", which is on the main road in Fethiye opposite the new Migros, just a bit further down from the currency exchange conman.

I've been looking for some time for a decent pair of "wrap around" type prescription sports sunglasses for trekking etc., and because of the curvature of the lens they are quite expensive in the UK. The owner, who speaks excellent English, spent time with me explaining the pro's and con's of his extensive range of sunglasses.The one's I really liked were about 320 YTL, (which was still slightly cheaper than the UK), but when I explained that was above my budget he stuck with me and showed me another range, some of which were really good, I settled on a pair for 175 YTL complete.

They were ready for collection in 3 working days, the lenses were excellent, they came in a practical sturdy case with some free lens cleaner, all in all I am very pleased with them and would certainly recommend the service.  8)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Opticians
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 10:25:28 AM »
Surprise for me to be speaking up for a high street multiple, but I have to say that the service and price I pay at Specsavers are both excellent, compared both with other UK suppliers and those i tried in the past with Turkey.

Offline yakamoz

Opticians
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 21:26:08 PM »
Many thanks.

Offline TimS

Opticians
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 22:05:37 PM »
I get mine in Fethiye,....this is also in away to help the local economy. what goes around comes around in finance, so it would reflect on the area, better streets cleaner beaches,..etc.

btw: don't mean all this this will happen with just buying a pair a shades,.. but all adds up.

Offline bunny4jeff

Opticians
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 14:45:52 PM »
I bought a pair in Eylul, Fethiye, a year ago. My prescription is complicated, but the resulting eye test and glasses are superb, in lightweight plastic. In spite of the complex prescription, they were ready in a week, very impressive.
The price is about the same as in Specsavers. In the UK, I bought another 2 pairs - BOGOF - while the frame choice was much larger, the actual lenses took over 2 weeks to produce, are made of glass as they couldn't get the plastic, and are so heavy. I compared the two sets, and find the eyesight better in the Turkish ones, and comfort much better, though the frames on the English ones were nicer. Swings and roundabouts, but if you are not too bothered about style, I'd say go for the Turkish glasses.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf