Author Topic: New rules for English plates.  (Read 2514 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
New rules for English plates.
« on: April 13, 2011, 16:05:27 PM »
Just had a day out in Mugla to get our MB plates and thought I would give my account of the day out. Highly recommend you take a Turkish friend with you. Arrive Mugla 10 a.m go to Mugla central police station. Held up with the local school having a fun day at the station riding in the cars and having a sit on the bikes and generally having a good time. Pay 20TL at desk for form to fill in. Find out that Alianz have not put on the correct vergi number. Call them and ask them to send a fax asap as we are waiting in Mugla. Go for a coffee. Come back with form filled in and sent to the Belidye office having to ask 3 times and negotiating the one way system. Much easier than driving in Fethiye. Up a small back street to have plates made.Pay 30TL. Up another flight of stairs next door to have them painted. Back to police station at 11.55 am. closed for lunch for 1 hour. Still no call from Alianz. Called 3 times and promise to call back in 5 mins. Go for lunch in the middle of Mugla. Back at 1 p.m Give back old plates. We didnt have to pay for the new ones. Someone kindly offered to do all this for 300TL plus 50TL to give power of attorney to do this. !!!! Down to the sanayi in Mugla to have new plates stuck on. No problem. Find out that Alianz have put the wrong price and the wrong engine size on my sigorta papers and have twice promised to e.mail. Back again tomorrow again now to sort that out. Why the hell we all have to trail 2 hours to Mugla now is beyond me but all sorted now.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 17:26:15 PM »
Sounds like a fun day out Anne, can I come with you tomoz 8)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 19:51:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

Just had a day out in Mugla to get our MB plates and thought I would give my account of the day out. Highly recommend you take a Turkish friend with you. Arrive Mugla 10 a.m go to Mugla central police station. Held up with the local school having a fun day at the station riding in the cars and having a sit on the bikes and generally having a good time. Pay 20TL at desk for form to fill in. Find out that Alianz have not put on the correct vergi number. Call them and ask them to send a fax asap as we are waiting in Mugla. Go for a coffee. Come back with form filled in and sent to the Belidye office having to ask 3 times and negotiating the one way system. Much easier than driving in Fethiye. Up a small back street to have plates made.Pay 30TL. Up another flight of stairs next door to have them painted. Back to police station at 11.55 am. closed for lunch for 1 hour. Still no call from Alianz. Called 3 times and promise to call back in 5 mins. Go for lunch in the middle of Mugla. Back at 1 p.m Give back old plates. We didnt have to pay for the new ones. Someone kindly offered to do all this for 300TL plus 50TL to give power of attorney to do this. !!!! Down to the sanayi in Mugla to have new plates stuck on. No problem. Find out that Alianz have put the wrong price and the wrong engine size on my sigorta papers and have twice promised to e.mail. Back again tomorrow again now to sort that out. Why the hell we all have to trail 2 hours to Mugla now is beyond me but all sorted now.

You should have a word with your mate who recommended the insurance company he must be a right pillock  ;)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 08:50:19 AM »
Hi Evil twin. All companies make mistakes.  Just going down to sort mine out. lol But it was cheaper than everybody else. It turned into a really good day out in the end because we went to Akyaka and took part in a tv series. In the end it only cost us 50TL to change the plates and 50TL for deisel so cheaper than the 350TL quoted. Now I have money to spend on a new sound system but dont tell Barrie lol. xxx

Offline Beep

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 18:05:17 PM »
Set of large speakers and a decent amp will customise the car very well Ann - drive around vibrating the windows and doors : :): :): :)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 19:13:24 PM »
Anne - why did you have to do this?
Do new rules mean my ME plates on my scooter are defunct?

if so maybe you could take me to Mugla for 250 lira (on the back of the bike!)

ian

Offline braveheart

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 07:01:01 AM »
'New rules for English plates'
Are these plates only applicable to England or otherwise?

Offline Eric

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 18:01:11 PM »
What happens if you are Welsh, like my better half?: :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 20:04:46 PM »
She can't be Welsh AND better !  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf