Author Topic: Consular petition.  (Read 7971 times)

Offline vinvola

Consular petition.
« on: September 09, 2011, 11:54:03 AM »
Please take the time to read and respond to this article. It is important and could change the lives of everyone who lives in Turkey.
http://aegeanindependent.com/?page_id=565

Offline Dutchie

Consular petition.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 12:32:43 PM »
I understand where you're coming from but personally I feel that trying to change the inheritance law is slightly over the top.

How would you feel if a group of foreigners in the UK would want to change the law just because it doesn't suit them?

When you chose to live in Turkey and/or buy property in Turkey, this law already existed.
Either you hadn't done your homework properly or you had accepted this situation.

So why do you feel you have to right to ask for amendments?

Offline screamlead

Consular petition.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 12:35:07 PM »
Don't know who wrote that article but if it was as suggested by the Editor - someone needs to go back to school or use spell checker. For such an important document to be sent to the British Embassy it should be written correctly.

Offline vinvola

Consular petition.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:55:53 PM »
This document is nothing to do with us at the Aegean Independent. We are simply publicising it for those involved. A draft has already been submitted to the Consul in Ankara and when fully completed will be sent to Downing street and our pages will be updated. The spelling has nothing to do with us as we promised not to edit the document at this stage.
If the report is read properly you will realise the principles behind it regardless of who wrote it or how it is spelt.

Offline Firo

Consular petition.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 13:43:44 PM »
I found it interesting to read and I can see no harm a dialogue being held with Turkish Officials and the UK Embassy.
It is not Ex-pats demanding anything other than what they were promised when they had a Turkish Will written and paid for. We are in the same boat as we were told by a Turkish Lawyer that our wishes would be carried out according to our will and yet now we are now told that it's all down to the judge on the day.
So, Dutchie, (no real name provided) says we should not demand changes...... I did my research/homework and I am not demanding changes I'm asking that Turkish lawyers would be honest and tell us that a Turkish will is no more than a bit of paper that can be thrown out by a Turkish court. Until they do that and stop taking our money under false pretences or the Turkish judges uphold our Turkish wills I agree with the document.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Consular petition.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 14:14:30 PM »
Dutchie please add your real name to your profile, xx xx is not acceptable - if you want to share opinions then a real name is required, if you read this and don't I'll have no choice but to suspend your membership. Thanks.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Consular petition.
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 14:20:12 PM »
And there's no point reading the FAQ section, that is FAQs on using this type of forum. Profile is the one you need, not FAQ.

Offline Dutchie

Consular petition.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 14:23:51 PM »
Why do I have to add my real name to my profile?

This has not been stated in the registration rules: "Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. The only required fields are your Username, which may be your real name or a nickname, and a valid e-mail address."

Don't get me wrong...I've got nothing to hide. Besides, I'm the only Dutch I know that lives in Ovacik ;-)

Offline Dutchie

Consular petition.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 14:29:49 PM »
@Firo, apparently you have come across a dodgy lawyer but that has nothing to do with trying to change the inheritance law or does it?

Like I wrote before...I understand where the commitee is coming from but somehow it seems strange - and to be honest - rather arrogant as well.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Consular petition.
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 14:30:24 PM »
I will explain, even though I really don't feel I have to. My experience is that people who do not give their name are a billion times more likely to become a problem. Since the registration notes you quote were written, events have caused us to ask for real names as a compulsory part of the registration process specific to CBF. This doesn't mean you are or will be a problem, it means that we get a far smoother life here when everyone gives their names, and that is why the two name fields are required, and why you had to enter xx in each.

Now please accept that we have been here for a long time and don't ask for a fiver a month, we just ask for people to respect each other and give their real names.

If you have nothing to hide it won't be a problem to add your real name, will it?  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf