Author Topic: Visa Advice Please  (Read 11421 times)

Offline Diverbaz 1

Visa Advice Please
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 11:47:24 AM »

The 90/180 only came into force on the 1st Feb, any before that are still on the old system and once they run out you can have a 90/180 day visa, when that runs out (after 90 days in the country) you have to be out of the country until the 180 days are up.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Offline Chinook

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 09:12:35 AM »

quote:
Or, you can extend your visa
http://www.fethiyetimes.com/expat-zone/visa/6892-turkish-authorities-clarify-that-a-tourist-visa-can-be-extended.html

I believe that at a recent meeting with the UK Consul in Bodrum they confirmed that the Turkish authorities have said that they are unlikely to invoke this in the foreseeable future.

Offline jan deli

Visa Advice Please
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 21:45:31 PM »
I'm in the same situation.I first came out from 26.3 - 7.4 (13 days)I would like to return Sept to mid Oct but my visa is only valid until 20.9.12 Do I buy another on entry or do I have to return on this one.I do not own a property in Calis just a visitor.It's all a bit confussing.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Visa Advice Please
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 22:35:19 PM »
I believe Jan when the new rules came out it was said that you can stay for 90 days in any 180 day visa, pretty sure you can not buy a new one until your current one has expired:(
So you may have to rethink your September dates and have your holiday when your 180 days have elapasd then you can buy a new one which again you will be able to have a maximum of 90 days on your new 180 visa.
Hope this is a help :)

Offline Marggie

Visa Advice Please
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 05:32:15 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by jan deli

I'm in the same situation.I first came out from 26.3 - 7.4 (13 days)I would like to return Sept to mid Oct but my visa is only valid until 20.9.12 Do I buy another on entry or do I have to return on this one.I do not own a property in Calis just a visitor.It's all a bit confussing.

Depends what date you intend to arrive in September - if it is after 21 September (180th day) you will be able to get a new Visa on entry as it will be 181 days or more since the commencement of your previous Visa.  However if your date of entry is before 22 September you will still have some of the 90 days remaining but your holiday will straddle the 180 day ruling.  You must therefore go out of Turkey (say to Rhodes or Meis) on the 180th day and will not be able to return until the 181st day. On your return to Turkey you will be issued with a further 90/180 day Visa.

Hope this helps.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Visa Advice Please
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 12:49:17 PM »
If this is how it is going to work then I think Turkey has knocked yet another big nail in the tourism coffin.
If you were away for a week and had to do a visa trip in the middle then I think most people will just go elsewhere.

Offline Chinook

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 15:47:52 PM »
quote:
If this is how it is going to work then I think Turkey has knocked yet another big nail in the tourism coffin.

Its applying the same rules as the Schengen treaty countries which include Spain, France and Italy.

Offline jan deli

Visa Advice Please
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 21:10:58 PM »
Thank you all for your replies.I'm looking after a friends apartment for her this year as she has been very poorly.I opened it up for her in April she still has a few bookings in August/Sept as it's still UK/Uni school hols,so am putting it to bed for the winter.May have to rethink my visit in the Autumn,I keep a few weeks hols but didn't want to leave it too late in Oct was very wet last year !!and don't want the expence of a Greek trip.

Offline Marggie

Visa Advice Please
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 06:27:26 AM »
If you return on or after 22 September you will have no problem - just get another 90/180 day Visa when you land in Delaman.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf