Author Topic: Any Hot News?  (Read 11375 times)

Offline quackers

Re: Any Hot News?
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 05:11:44 AM »
We call ıt Koca Calıs aırport runway 1. Its about 6 lanes wıde.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 07:58:24 AM »
We call ıt Koca Calıs aırport runway 1. Its about 6 lanes wıde.

Where's the terminal going?   ;)

Offline quackers

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 14:22:32 PM »
In Mozzıe Bar ofcourse. Drınks whıle you waıt for your luggage. They are puttıng the footpath ın on the other sıde of the road down from Angel Bar to old Terrace bar today.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 14:48:42 PM »
Nice one!

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 11:27:42 AM »
Quackers, font of all knowledge in the area down to Terrace Bar from the Angel Bar: any more news on resurfacing the road? You said they are working on the pavement on the side opposite the Angel: last time we were there, only a short section of curb stones had been laid, the rest were in a line but upright - and had been so for ages. The road is the important thing for us - as the dust storm is a killer (could be literally for me as I suffer from asthma!). :-\ Any info v welcome. We have tenants coming mid July, through August and we will be there in mid September.

Offline quackers

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 20:07:14 PM »
Pavement finished but no sign of a new surface on the road to eliminate the dust. This week has been very breezy in the afternoons and like a dust storm in places .

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2013, 23:16:56 PM »
I was there last week its a real bloody mess, Mozzie bar has lost its seating area to the front as they have widened the road right up to there front door,

The Mayor apparently owns the land and reclaimed it, they said it it was being done as he is now selling his land in the area and is marking he territory for potential hotel buyers on the land opposite and better road  access would encourage a quicker sale !!

Ciftlik is to come under Fethiye soon and he feels that its time to sell his land and there are now lots of for sale signs all around Koca Calis flood water areas popping up by the day..

mixed reaction from the local bars some say that he is driving them out and others say that when its finished and the area is built up  they will benefit from the Hotels extra  holiday makers in the area

The comment about it looking like a run way is spot on, but its a run way in the desert

The taxi drivers never wanted to take the beach road either due to the state it was in

i cant see it being finished this summer  :(

Offline quackers

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 05:21:35 AM »
A lot of the lıttle pockets of land have been bought up by companıes and looks lıke they may put Hotels ın the area.Lets hope they are not All Inclusıve so the bars and restaurants can rake ın the revenue. If the mayor calls that a better road he ıs wrong ıts a rocky dust bowl. Would have been better to re block pave the exıstıng road and make ıt wıder. But what do I know.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 08:49:23 AM »
Progress or greed? Maybe sorting out the flooding should be his first aim?

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »
Be aware there were four villas burgled in the early hours of yesterday morning two on the site near the mozzy bar and two in between mozzy bar and telmosses one lady i was talking to told me that they were in her bedroom while she was asleep.She woke to find villa ramsacked ipad,money,and jewellery taken her hand bag passport credit cards etc were found scattered in the garden her mobile phone was found as well.The police were there for several hours so be alert people.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf