Author Topic: Fethiye Parking  (Read 4764 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Fethiye Parking
« on: April 06, 2013, 17:37:41 PM »
I am confused (doesn't take much  ;)) on how the parking works in Fethiye.
Today I parked outside B & Q and a parking man came up to me.
I offered to pay and he said no its free. When I came out there was a ticket on the car, I found another parking man to pay the ticket, He asked is it a rental car, I said yes, He said no charge rental car.

I then parked on the top road by the dolmus stop. a parking man gave me a ticket straight away, I did my 10 mins shopping and called him back, he charged me 3tl.
I have not got a clue on the process, could someone enlighten me please.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Fethiye Parking
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 18:06:28 PM »
First 15 minutes free. Once you are over that time it is then counted as part of the first half hour which is 1TL.

It is 1 TL for every half hour so 2TL an hour.

It is highly unlikely that hire cars are not charged.

When you leave within 15 minutes it is important to make sure they see you leave and note it in their computerized system otherwise it will get added on and they will add it to your bill next time you park somewhere and also you could end up paying for a lot longer depending on when they finally sign you out.

Sounds like you were ripped off on your second stop. If in doubt ask for your receipt which you should be given anyway but that does not always happen.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 18:28:37 PM »
Yep, always ask for a fish !

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 15:05:07 PM »
I raised this on my Crime In Fethiye FB group and the manager of Fethiye parking responded, so post his response in full to assist anyone else if they have problems. Kursad Ozturk is his name and as you can see he is very helpful.

Hello Mr.Smith. I am the manager of the Fethiyepark Autopark company.Our system working online and time on receipts is updateing form the our server.Our workers or anyone in the company cant change this timing.Firts 15 min. parking is free of charge.End of the your parking period please check the c/in time on your receipts and your c/out time.If your parking period over 15 min. all the computers print out automaticly payment receipts.And If any worker of us wanna get money for this first 15 min. free of charge parking period or dont wanna give your payment receipts please get a contact with us on telephone ( 00902526121551 ) or visiting our office in Fethiye city center ( Adress : Cumhuriyet mahallesi 502 sokak Uran iş merkezi no:14/18 ).We are here for all our guest.I can speak english + german.For your all questions,complains and problems you can reach me 7/24 on my mobil 00 90 530 149 15 61.Everyday ( not on sunday ) mornings between 10:00 - 12:00 , afternoons between 16:00 - 19:00 ı am in the office.I will be pleased to clear your problems with our work and coop work to fix the problems.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 15:10:33 PM »
Can't argue with that  :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 19:06:53 PM »
My experience and advice would be the same as Nichola, although I would add that there are still parking spaces on the 'new' prom between Fethiye and Calis that charge 3TL for the best part of the day.

I liked the response from the Parking Manager, never had any problems wit any of his staff, but if I do it is nice to know that he is so receptive.  Thanks Corbindallas for drawing to our attention.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 20:25:23 PM »
Thanks for your replies. I know for next time.
Strangely I did get a receipt.

Offline gyr

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 11:10:17 AM »
Can I make sure I understand how (on street) parking in Fethiye actually works:

When you park a parking attendant will log your arrival time and put a ticket on your screen – which may actually happen after you have left your car.

When you get back you have to take the ticket to one of the guys (with orange tops) and pay him.

The first 15 minutes is free, but you still need to make them aware what time you are leaving.

After the first 15 mins it’s 1TL per half hour, and they should give you a receipt when you make the payment.

Is that about right?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 11:45:32 AM »
That's about the long and short of parking in Fethiye.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 12:13:20 PM »
Just to add, they always charge for a hire car...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf