Author Topic: Cadde Cafe in Fethiye - I Really Don't Know Where to Start  (Read 13644 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cadde Cafe in Fethiye - I Really Don't Know Where to Start
« on: April 12, 2013, 00:47:25 AM »
Through a mutual friend, I received a communication from a gentleman called Talip, who is apparently the owner of the relatively new Cadde Cafe, Bar and Ocakbasi near Fethiye harbour.

I found his email bursting with joie de vivre and uplifting sentiment. This is quite rare, I normally read stacks of PMs and emails from people saying how unfair a review was or how they didn't find someone's comment funny at all.  Almost uniquely too - Talip explained that he had a good understanding of how CBF (a forum he reads and enjoys) works - and only went on to explain to me the procedure for new members and advertising - and get it right!

So the main points are that Talip would love to share details of his restaurant with you all, but is super cautious of doing it wrong or receiving negativity for doing it. But he also wants to give CBF members a 10% discount just for mentioning that Scunner sent you   ;)

This is exactly how I think things should be done - don't turn up and paste 59 paragraphs and run away - contact us, tell us you don't want to make a mistake and trust me we shall move mountains to steer you through and spread your word. A CBF discount is the icing on the kek.

So ladies and gentlemen, can I introduce the charming Talip, owner of Cadde cafe bar and Ocakbasi, it's near the harbour apparently. Talip also suggested what we could write for the forum if we thought it was ok to write anything at all - with instructions to edit as required. But I like it as written, and here it is:

Hello Çalış Beach Forum Members! Cadde Cafe would like to make you aware of a new and unique concept in food serving right around the corner from Fethiye's Marina. Since mere words might not do it justice we invite you to check us out first hand. We will thank you by taking 10% off of the total bill just for mentioning Calis Beach Forum and telling our dedicated staff that Talip ( the owner ) or Scunner sent you. Come one, come all! We have 4 floors, each with its unique menu and character!

*This offer is effective immediately, and we reserve the right to discontinue it at any point in the future, by posting a notice to that effect in the Calis Beach Forum.

Cadde Cafe serves  ''probably the best food for 50 miles.''

Regards,
Talip

All the best to you Talip, I like you already  :)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Cadde Cafe in Fethiye - I Really Don't Know Where to Start
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 05:43:58 AM »
I saw this place the other day it is on the same side of the road as Finnans and Garanti walking towards the ampitheatre, looks very upmarket, I remember seeing and smiling at the sign outside "probably the best food for 50 miles"

Offline thebillet

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 06:03:43 AM »
Been in the Cadde, and very nice it was too, the views are great from the top floor and service is smart. If the Ocakbasi is the one next to the park with Fethi Bey's statute it's a double result as we use that often. They have very nice staff in there.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 07:58:56 AM »
We had dinner that there last night with a group of 20 people.
I ordered beef noodles which, according to the waiter, was cooked chinese style.
When the food arrived I was surprised to see lots of mozarella on top of the noodles.
A slight problem since I can't stand cheese. The smell alone makes me nauseous.

I called the waiter and explained the problem and they offered to change the food.
I chose a chicken shish from the ocakbasi since that would be the quickest.
It arrived soon and was absolutely delicious. One of the best chicken I have ever eaten.

Later the owner came and apologized. I explained that I normally always ask whether a meal contains cheese but that I hadn't done that because the waiter had said it was cooked chinese style. The owner replied that the chinese kitchen doesn't use cheese so that it was understandable that I hadn't asked.

He went on to explain that they try to do "extra" at the restaurant and therefore had added so much cheese to the meal.
He apologized but also thanked me because it had been a good lesson to them and had shown that the staff was lacking a bit in knowledge. They had never classified the noodles as chinese. This was an interpretation of the waiter.

I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. The owner coming to our table to apologize and instead of him being defense about it, he saw it as a opportunity to learn something from it.

The prices are very reasonable so yes, I fully recommend Cadde and will definitely go again!

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 08:05:46 AM »
By the way, I was also impressed with the waiter.
20 different main courses had been ordered and he knew by heart who had ordered what.
He didn't check or ask, just gave everybody the correct meal.
And he was very pleasant and polite without trying to be your "new best friend".

Offline marina

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 11:46:10 AM »
Sounds like one to try in four weeks time!   ;D

It's on my 'to do' list!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 13:56:20 PM »
Yes, Mrs KKOB and I will also be making a point of visiting in a few weeks time.

Offline IanK

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 14:03:03 PM »
I'm just drawing a 50 mile radius circle on a map so I can see where an even better place might be.
;D
Ian

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 14:04:53 PM »
Yes, Mrs KKOB and I will also be making a point of visiting in a few weeks time.

You know what they say KKOB, "Come one, come all!"

Offline Laura B

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 14:05:30 PM »
We have been several times and the food and service is consistently good and the prices are very reasonable..... especially considering the view from the top floor!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf