Author Topic: How to pay on Turkish toll roads  (Read 3102 times)

Offline apollo

How to pay on Turkish toll roads
« on: July 06, 2013, 13:52:36 PM »
Am I able to pre-pay road tolls locally or must I wait until I get to the toll road?

Done a search and I cannot find any info on here.

Offline Eric

Re: How to pay on Turkish toll roads
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 14:14:12 PM »
You are able to buy a sticker that goes on your windscreen at the PTT in Fethiye, so I am told.  We have the old 'credit card' type of pre-pay which is now out of date, apparently.  So will have to try the PTT and see how that works out.  Let us know how you get on.

Offline apollo

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 14:23:58 PM »
You are able to buy a sticker that goes on your windscreen at the PTT in Fethiye, so I am told.  We have the old 'credit card' type of pre-pay which is now out of date, apparently.  So will have to try the PTT and see how that works out.  Let us know how you get on.

Thanks. I will try it on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 15:06:10 PM by apollo »

Offline quackers

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 14:38:19 PM »
You go to the PTT wıth your Kımlık Passport and car documents and fıll ın a form. I thınk the mın you pay ıs 35tl. They gıve you a sticker  wıth a chıp ın ıt that you put on your wındsceen thıs lets you thru the tolls. They also gıve you a card to keep that has the barcode for your chip. You use thıs to replenısh the money on your chip at the PTT.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 16:07:51 PM »
It's an HGS card that you need. You can get them at PTTs. Take your car documents (whether it's Turkish or any other nationality) and your passport. They're not self-adhesive so you either hold them up to the screen when passing through a toll or get a self-adhesive holder to stick on the screen. You need to take the card into a PTT to top it up.

There are PTTs at the start / end of toll roads for topping-up your card but you can't guarantee that they'll always be open when you pass through.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 16:18:27 PM by KKOB »

Offline apollo

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 15:13:22 PM »
HGS done.

On this occasion my passport was not wanted ( but tomorrow who knows)

Thanks for everyones' advice

Offline Eric

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 15:06:23 PM »
Went to PTT today to be told they are not now doing them until next week, perhaps!  But Zirat bank do them.  Went there.....three quarters of an hour later we got the sticker!!!!  Had to open an account and then transfer money across to pay for the sticker.  Nightmare just to drive on a sodding toll road.  Plus they wanted loads of irrelevant info such as University attended (?), address in the UK, "we don't have one, we live here"  to be told "We need a UK address for you", us; "We don't have one", them; "But we need one"....pulling hair out now.  Gave relatives address but was sorely tempted to say Buckingham Palace!  Ridiculous!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf