Author Topic: I'm not a racist but ......  (Read 3536 times)

Offline Menthol

I'm not a racist but ......
« on: September 02, 2013, 01:49:57 AM »
........ I really don't like the attitude a lot of black people have.

Heard outside my bar tonight.

Offline Hamlet

Re: I'm not a racist but ......
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:39:02 AM »
What?

Offline scorcher

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 08:13:48 AM »
Chinese maybe ?

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 08:43:58 AM »
Herd maybe. ?       :-\

Offline poppy50

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 10:23:06 AM »
Nothing surprises me out in Turkey.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 10:28:32 AM »
Children have no prejudice or bigotry, they learn it from their parents and/or
their peer groups. If we are not racist or bigoted, the next generation wont be either.

I feel very strongly about Europe, we should all work together, ourselves, the Germans, the Dutch, Italians, Greeks, Spanish, Danes, (not the Belgians) etc. ---- and gang up on the French!  :) -- only joking!

Personally I have dark skinned relatives from ethnic minorities from when I was 10 years old
so the colour of someone's skin or their dialect has never mattered to me, if a group
of people seem to have an attitude problem and the only thing that someone can see that is common
is their colour they tend to use it generally which is sad, people need to look beyond
the painting to the artist behind!

Offline scorcher

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 10:45:14 AM »
If children have no prejudice or bigotry tell me how they learn from their peer group, who are also children ?

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 11:14:30 AM »
According to Gordon Brown,The late House of Commons attendee,A bigot is one who dares to utter the word "IMMIGRATION".

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 14:19:52 PM »
If children have no prejudice or bigotry tell me how they learn from their peer group, who are also children ?
Well I meant parents who teach them bigotry and their peer group as they get older, small children don't have bigotry would perhaps been more precise. How can I express my gratitude to you for pointing out my errors and congratulate you on the fullness of your in-depth posts. Yes, my tongue is jammed so tightloy in my cheek I may never be able to enjoy a Kebab at Pasa again!

Offline Menthol

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 14:52:13 PM »
The remark was heard last night outside my bar here in Sheffield.

I used it as an example of the much used phrase 'I'm not a racist but ...... ' which is then followed by a statement which illustrates they ARE indeed a racist.

A couple of weeks ago, a very regular customer remarked to me, 'Don't get me wrong cos I'm not a racist at all, but just look how many Chinese people you have in your bar. Jesus'.  This was delivered in a disapproving tone and with a curled lip.

I have a tactic of getting people outside of my bar without the use of force. I pretend that I can't hear them very well over the music and suggest we go outside because I'm SO interested to hear what they say. Once outside and in earshot of my door supervisors, I tell them they aren't welcome in my bar tonight or any other night. This is the strategy I employed with this particular customer.

He was (understandably) very upset. He pleaded with me to change my mind and insisted I'd taken the remark 'the wrong way'. I simply stood there and said 'No'. One of my door supervisors, who just happens to be black, pulled me to one side and asked why I'd barred him cos he was a really nice bloke and came in the bar at least twice a week. I told my door supervisor to wait a little and that it would all become clear.

Sure enough a few minutes later when I didn't move my stance of unbarring him, he let rip with a barrage of racist insults aimed at the door supervisors, myself and some of the customers queuing to get in.

Fortunately this sort of incident doesn't happen too often, but every time it does I feel a little bit of my faith in humanity being torn away.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf