Author Topic: New draft law discussed for estate agents  (Read 11056 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: New draft law discussed for estate agents
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »
As well as the fence coming down Loz I'd be looking for compensation for the 'giving away' of my tiles.
Barstwards!!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 12:32:09 PM »
We have been exactly here before. Evening classes that agents had to attend (not all, just a representative one from each agency, the rest of the staff/partners just carried on as normal). I think it was one evening a week for not too many weeks and at the end of it if you passed, you got a certificate and a card saying you were licensed. The tales I heard were that it was a room where you walked through the door and reverted to childhood, back to school days with joking, naughty behaviour and paper aeroplanes.

It was a lot of years ago now but I think I remember people only going once or twice but even so, at the end everyone must have passed because everyone got the certificate!
That is going back a bit - somewhere round about 2007/8 if I remember correctly.  And you are correct about the certification!  The actual course was considered a complete waste of time by those that went and many didn't even bother turning up after the first week or two.  I think it was organised jointly by the belediye and the local chamber of trade (or someone like that), so it doesn't take an Einstein to work out how hard they were when enforcing both attendance and the final "exam".

JF

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 13:29:48 PM »
As well as the fence coming down Loz I'd be looking for compensation for the 'giving away' of my tiles.
Barstwards!!
Anne, it wasn't tiles they lifted and gave away, but 4 tonnes of loose decorative white stones that  we had spread over ground control matting , in order to make the maintenance of the garden easier. The female neighbour holds a high position in one of the financial  >:("institutions", shall we call it, in Fethiye, and is an extremely dislikable person, her husband,? well, he's just a feckin' twat !!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 13:57:15 PM »
There is no great need for a new draft law for estate agents. The vast majority of horror stories would simply not happen if foreigners didn't have to wait months for their paperwork to be completed and tapu to be issued. Paying for your property and getting your tapu there and then works well, for Turkish folk. That would be a huge (and easy) step forward for the reputation of the Turkish property market from the foreign investment perspective.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 15:04:25 PM »
I now even more firmly believe that Loz and I must have either been extremely lucky when we bought our property, or, we were just in the right place at the right time, and were dealing with an extremely honest, trustworthy agent, and builder!! We did not employ the services of a lawyer, (maybe foolish, but, no repercussions), and the whole transaction was as painless as could possibly be, with absolutely NO problems from beginning to end. ( I just wish I could sell it as easily !!).

I totally agree with Keith that there is absolutely no need for all the bloody palaver that comes with selling property to non-Turkish clients, the money is there, the damned property is there, computers make the whole "vetting" process fast and simple. get the bloody finger out Emlaklar/Agents/Builders, and give people what they have paid for, and you might, just might maybe, get back a little respect.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 16:32:31 PM »

The female neighbour holds a high position in one of the financial  >:("institutions", shall we call it, in Fethiye, and is an extremely dislikable person, her husband,? well, he's just a feckin' twat !!
[/quote]

LOL No wonder you are so p***ed off.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2013, 16:35:01 PM »
If you buy from a financially secure builder, it can be easy.
We bought an apartment off plan. Paid 10 percent as a deposit and the remaining 90 percent upon receiving the Tapu when the building was finished. The way it should be.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 16:36:52 PM »
@Loz, did the neighbours have more garden than the other two houses before the problems started?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 17:12:06 PM »
If you buy from a financially secure builder, it can be easy.

While some agents are selling the properties of the builders who pay them the most commission, rather than the ones who are financially secure, that won't help purchasers too much.

Have people noticed that some agents don't have any clients in stress, because they saw the signs and refused to sell the projects of certain developers? No? Not for the first time eh...

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 17:47:23 PM »
True. Must say that we bought from the builder directly so no agent involved.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf